Pc fps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
Let me take a shot at this.

PC only for me
Far Cry 3 and 4. If you like open world quest based FPS. Either is great. i like sniping so its extra fun.

If you like Diablo/2 but were dissapointed in D3 then check out Path of Exile, besides being great its free. Its what D3 should have been.
Half-life 2 is a little older now but excellent enough for mention.
I have a few other favs but been wasting tome with these recently.

Now that my shoulders are healing and i got a Vmax ill be home less.

I am a huge pc gamer! Have been for years!

I was a huge Diablo 2 player, and did a lot of work in coding for a few "add ons" for d2, also played d3 for a little while.

I played eq for a long time and was also a guide for Sony in eq1 and one of the first guides for eq2.

Gaming is in my blood. Right now, I'm enjoying the witcher 3 while I wait for fallout 4. I also playing eq1 again on the official classic server just for some nostalgia.

I to anxiously await Fallout 4, and Doom4 to for that matter. I dusted off Flatout UC recently. My son is hoping to launch a career in the industry and is probably well suited for it. My kids(adults now) still sit and play TF2 for hours. Occasionally we fire up the LAN end do BF2 and......yes....Doom2, our fav classic. I hear this will be a huge year for new releases.

Yes, I can't wait! Last year was really blah as far as games go, we need a good year now!

We also need a good drag racing VMAX game for the oculus rift!

My son brought over a Rift, an 800x600. I was going to start goofing with it then I got called to work so I wont be home until next week. Dang. He was saying that it works for lots of things and we had quite a laugh over what those things are. Im anxious to give it a shot with HL2 at tleast.

My kids just got done being teenagers so I know how to speak it! Growing up before video games and social networking all we had was females, motorcycles, booze, weed, metal and unadulterated defiance of essentially everything. Poor us haha!

Fast forward to now and I love vid games, dont drink and have an awesome wife, the rest is pretty much unchanged! Remind me to buy you a beer at next years Thunder :punk:

My kids just got done being teenagers so I know how to speak it! Growing up before video games and social networking all we had was females, motorcycles, booze, weed, metal and unadulterated defiance of essentially everything. Poor us haha!

Fast forward to now and I love vid games, dont drink and have an awesome wife, the rest is pretty much unchanged! Remind me to buy you a beer at next years Thunder :punk:
We had an Atari 2600 when I was in HS but we also had dirt bikes, muscle cars, weed, booze, beer and cute girls as well.
But I also was a FC (Fire Control) tech in the Navy so I learned to work on electronics at 17 years old and that led to working on PCs in the 80s.
So I have been playing video games since the first PCs came out.
So no more weed for me but I still like beer and I'm divorced so I enjoy cute slightly crazy women too. ;)

Congrats on the D and being single! I loved being single but I married my Asain queen and Im pretty sure Im the luckiest guy alive. Divorce and infidelity would be nonexistent if more wives were like her.

I had to dial the weed back to quit drinking back in 91. Now being an RN I cant do much with it but it was very effective for breaking a fibromyalgic flare that could otherwise last days or setimes weeks.

I remember the old Atari, it was a blast but years later I saw a news story featuring play footage of Doom2 in which conservatives and religious nuts were worried that it would spur shootings in real life and destroy civilization as we know it. After that news story I HAD TO HAVE THAT GAME. I went and got a hotrod Pentium 60. ( not 90, it wasnt time yet, this was just post 486) I ordered it from a place my dad got all his business computers and found the game at a computer store. I got home and clawed the box open to release a stack of 3.5" floppy disks. It took what felt like several hours to install the 25 meg game. This put a decent dent in the hard drive. I had to leave windows 3.1 and play it in DOS6.2 because a computer that could run doom on top of windows seemed impossibly powerful. I got a friend into it and we would play over the dial up modem until morning light. The concept of a 3d game was mind blowing, then having someone else in there to help, I was hooked and became very good at it, even without a DOS mouse driver. Then Duke Nukem 3D, Half-Life, Quake, Unreal and the evolution into the completely emersive experience it is now and what it will become. I cant help spending some afternoons perched in front of it. I have it run to my 43" monitor and piped through my HT and it is indeed emersive. Now I cand keep my hands off of a good FPS and probably get way to much use out of a good game. I rely on my soon to keep me posted on whats coming up, his Occulous Rift is sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me to get home next week.

I saw some play footage and a trailer and it looks great. After being dissapointed by doom 3 Im looking forward to this being along the quality of Doom2.

Been playing PC games since 1996. First ever pc game was Quake, was hooked from then on. That game was what got me into computers and have been ever since. Wound up working as a tech for about 10 years got my degree in computer science and transitioned to a network engineer for another 12. After that it was high end video surveillance. FPS is my poison of choice.

Been playing PC games since 1996. First ever pc game was Quake, was hooked from then on. That game was what got me into computers and have been ever since. Wound up working as a tech for about 10 years got my degree in computer science and transitioned to a network engineer for another 12. After that it was high end video surveillance. FPS is my poison of choice.

I think Doom2 was released in 94 and it was out when I got my first comp so it had to be around 95/96 when I started out but I fell short of being a decent tech, just know enough to keep mine going. Things were so different then, I remember playing Quake, Q2 and Unreal over LAN with my son who was not very old then. Far Cry 5 has been announced so we're excited about that. It's really something to see just how far things have come since then.

Latest posts

Back