Radley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Here's the pics of the coil bracket mod to mount R/R where the coils used to live.

All you want to have left is a flat area to zip tie the regulator to. Look at mine. The fuse and solenoid tuck in to the left..

Attachments

• s-l1600.1.jpg
    s-l1600.1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20171121_14262911.jpg
    20171121_14262911.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 37
I got mine from Jon Harris, he is a member on here. gsxr123007 is his e-bay name. The following is his e bay ad. He used to offer slightly lower price for forum members. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-2007-...ash=item2f0f4d93f2:g:dwMAAOSwuAVWwqjT&vxp=mtr

Sean Morley (Morley's muscle) "[email protected]" sells them also. his info is on the forum's vendor list, just e mail him to get current price.

The cops sets are "Plug and play"

By the way, you can electrically check the coils to see if they are really bad. Cracking is possibly only cosmetic and you may caulk the cracks shut if you find that electrically they are ok. In my case i had thirty years of corrosion on the coil end of the plug wires. You can just snip 1/4" inch off to reveal clean wire and prob clear this up. I only did my cops because working on the front coils is such a biatch and I didn't want to remove the front wires and snip them because of the work getting to them. lots of info on the forum on how to check coils.

Thanks BIll.. going to put bracket into surgery now. i'll post progress back on the performing like 500cc thread.

Here's the pics of the coil bracket mod to mount R/R where the coils used to live.

All you want to have left is a flat area to zip tie the regulator to. Look at mine. The fuse and solenoid tuck in to the left..

Latest posts

Back