New owner and member.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
G'day mates!! Down here in New Zealand and found this site via Clintard after finding his Video on Youtube. Just bought myself a 1988 Vmax and infact I fly down to Christchurch in less that 9 hours arriving there 2 hours later to pick it up.

First mods to be done on it are gonna be progressive springs on the front and an exhaust sytem like Clintard's. Love that sound and that it is fairly quiet at idle but like a V8 full on!!

Anyway, looking forward to chattin with a few of y'all and getting help on the technical stuff about my new bike!

BTW, moved here from Texas so have a mixed accent now and it come out in my typing.

G'day Waylander. Have several friends Down Under and enjoy the accent. Good to have you aboard as a member of this forum and hope we can help each other and share commonalities.

Waylander said:
G'day mates!! Down here in New Zealand and found this site via Clintard after finding his Video on Youtube. Just bought myself a 1988 Vmax and infact I fly down to Christchurch in less that 9 hours arriving there 2 hours later to pick it up.

First mods to be done on it are gonna be progressive springs on the front and an exhaust sytem like Clintard's. Love that sound and that it is fairly quiet at idle but like a V8 full on!!

Anyway, looking forward to chattin with a few of y'all and getting help on the technical stuff about my new bike!

BTW, moved here from Texas so have a mixed accent now and it come out in my typing.

Welcome to the forum, make it racetech instead of progressive,
progressive is just a stiffer spring but racetech is closer to cartridge damping as you can get, they also offer 25% for vmaxers / vmoa, give them 4343# it is my #
Get the springs and emulators it is worth the extra $$, a stiffer spring does not come close to what you will feel with racetech springs & emulators, they offer fine tuning for compression damping! a firm spring alone can not! I have them and love them, do it right from the beginning.
________
Honda CBR600F

Last edited:
Not sure I'de need them now. Just spent two days straight on the back and I havn't notice any of the bad handleing symptoms they are suppose to show.

Latest posts

Back