Carb sync screw.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
Does anyone know the thread pitch on the carb sync screws? I'm trying to find one for the right side linkage if they are even different. 6mm by? very fine thread. The screw is stripped but threads are ok. If had hair to pull out I'd have had at it. I finally pulled the carbs flipped them over and noticed nothing moved when turning the screw. The worst part is it happened once before a few years ago on a different set. Doh award eligible!

It's not in the factory manual? My KTM manual list all that good stuff and it's 16yrs old!
Maybe Dannymax knows?

Hmm, not sure Steve. Its gotta be .75 or .5. Not sure which though. You need a thread pitch gauge in your toolbox! Or just measure the distance between thread with a digital caliper.

I find that I'm starting to need a magnifying glass for stuff like this. Seems like it happened all of a sudden. I ordered a batch of jets for a pit bike my son inherited from his uncle. I couldn't read a damn number on them. I grabbed some blue painters tape and pulled off a bunch of pieces. I had my daughter read the number on the jet, I wrote the number on a piece of tape in marker and wrapped each jet in its own piece.

I'd ask a forum member for a new one. It will be hard to find that part in the local hardware store.

Does anyone know the thread pitch on the carb sync screws? I'm trying to find one for the right side linkage if they are even different. 6mm by? very fine thread. The screw is stripped but threads are ok. If had hair to pull out I'd have had at it. I finally pulled the carbs flipped them over and noticed nothing moved when turning the screw. The worst part is it happened once before a few years ago on a different set. Doh award eligible!
I've got one you can have,but i'm in sunny England.

Latest posts

Back