Steve-o's Uncle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve-o (sdt354) uncle passed a few days ago. It was his last uncle on his mothers side. Unfortunately I never got a chance to meet him. He must have been a fascinating guy. WW II vet and from what Steve has told me all around great person. Never left him out of the fun stuff, always went out of his way to include him. During Steve's dad's final years he was always around to help and provide support. The world is a poorer place for sure.

Much thanks guys, he was a special man. He served this country & his family well. He was a combat soldier in France, in the 40's. He never had much to say about it though. He will be missed by many.
He was a second father to me, and always there to take me camping, fishing, or extended stays at his place. And he had 7 children of his own. He escaped a couple of times from the Vet's Home, a locked unit too. He walked out with visitors and dashed to the woods at 89 years old. They found the AWOL uncle a few hours later, 5 miles away. The second escape he was almost mid 90's and didn't get too far. I'm sure German soldiers were behind him that time. He passed this week at 97, confined to bed mostly, with no recollection of any of us. But, it's important to remember the good times.
I remember one time he got in the shi* with my parents for giving me self defense lessons at 9 years old. I had gotten beat up at school and Uncle was pissed. Well, every kid in my class got a neck chop the next day, for practice. The nuns that ran the school gave me a little vacation...lol. We laughed about that for years. One in a million, has left to take on his next mission. RIP Angelo "Macy" Mascena.

Sorry to hear the news, Steve. May your uncle RIP.
My father would have been 93 this year, had he lived (passed 20 yrs. ago.)
He too was a vet, his first action being D-day, fighting his way thru Europe till Germany's surrender.
Then he volunteered to go to the far east, but The Bomb put an end to those ambitions.
He enlisted as a boy(lying about his age, like so many others), but came back a man.
Didn't talk about his experiences much, but had a lifelong Shellshock condition, that made his nerves very bad, and well as causing partial deafness.
We should never forget the sacrifices vets have made.
Cheers!

Sorry for your loss.

Good memories never leave us and usually come up to the surface at just the right times. I always look at that as a sign that our loved ones are with us.

Peace to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss brother. May he rest in peace.

Latest posts

Back