Manual Fan Switch Connection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankumuch

Reaction score
With summer stop-and-go riding upon us, I would like to install a manual override switch for the cooling fans. I have a Gen 1 '99. However, I have searched the forum and watched videos, but there's no description or pictures of where you find the two wires to splice in the switch. This was the closest thing I found that describes their color, but no location where it's located on the bike: "Expose wiring harness for the fan switch. This would be the white plastic connector with the blue and brown wire. Carefully expose blue and brown wire. Solder pre-made wires to the blue and brown wires. Finish with shrink wrap then re-wrap harness with electrical tape. Route wires to front where switch is located and install spades on switch. (It does not matter where the blue or brown go on switch, it will work the same.
Is it by the overflow tank, the radiator, under the seat... where? Any help or picture of where to cut in the two manual switch wires would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can you get a thermo switch that operates at a lower temp? Or fool it into doing this? Im no electronics guy so cant suggest how.
That would save you from having to watch your temp so closely in case you forget to switch the fan on.

Up to you, I suggest this because I have been in road legal race cars with a switch and it becomes distracting.

Can you get a thermo switch that operates at a lower temp? .

Yes. Vmax outlaw sells a switch that does exactly that. There are some part #'s here on the forum for a Nissan part that can be purchased at the auto parts store that will do the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can you get a thermo switch that operates at a lower temp? Or fool it into doing this? Im no electronics guy so cant suggest how.
That would save you from having to watch your temp so closely in case you forget to switch the fan on.

Up to you, I suggest this because I have been in road legal race cars with a switch and it becomes distracting.

I have to agree. Mine has some Ford thermo switch conversion and it comes on and stays on appropriately. Simplicity is good and from what I can tell there is no problem with the function of a good thermo switch.

Caseyjones - any chance of ID ing the switch somehow? When I rode mine home I went through the hills and there is a steep slow section and I was behind a truck. It got over half and I dont like it.

I dont know how 'honest ' the gauge is. Some vehicles 'lie' . They are set to sit in the middle despite large fluctuations in real temps. Toyota Surf 2.4 diesels were terrible for that and funnily enough cracking heads too. HHmmmmmm

Most bikes seem 'honest' enough - they go up and down with change of season etc. My car tells me its nearly warm after 1km driving from cold overnight in 6C temps. Uh huh of course it is............

Either a fan switch for an '88 Nissan Sentra,or Borg Warner TFS545. You'll have
to re-use your o-ring. The fan will cycle at a lower temp.

Yes. Vmax outlaw sells a switch that does exactly that. There are some part #'s here on the forum for a Nissan part that can be purchased at the auto parts store that will do the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where can that info be obtained? Very interested in that mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back