KS Int'l dragstrip - Wichita, KS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
Shala, myself and Darren Crays drove over to meet Sean Morley and his daughter at the dragstrip this past weekend for the 43rd annual Truett & Osborn all-motorcycle drags. A fun time was had by all - give or take that one woman who managed to crash her bike on the start line Sunday.

I didn't know until this morning that there had been a pro photog at the event. Here's the link http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/p959237361 to the photog's site where he's selling the pics. I shot some video, but by damned if I own a single computer fast enough to process the HD vids off my brand new Sony cam. Gotta do some upgrading soon, and get me a youtube account to post up some vids. Anyway, if you want, you can peruse to photogs' site to see several pics of Sean, Shala, Darren and myself at the starting line.

I entered bracket one on Sunday and even managed to beat out last year's big winner ( :biglaugh: ) on the 1st round, only to beat myself out with a horrible reaction time in the 2nd round. The track was extremely hot both days and I didn't do as well as I did last year - I doubt many guys did.

Jim at KS international raceway 2014.jpg

Yea yea, rub it in. Damn sticking clutch lever anyway!

It was a fun time indeed even with the heat and poor running bike. I did manage to squeak out 2nd place in bracket 3 and not sure if I got 3rd or 4th in bracket 2. I'll try for the clean sweep next year though bracket 1 is very tough with all the bar/slick bikes.

Very crappy times for me this year with a best of 11.61 with 1.68 60' time. Most passes were well worse then that though only a few 12's from the first day before I changed the needle setting.

Sean

Why did he cone off the sticky side of the lane before you treed up ? Never seen that before

That is the "slick" only bikes. If street tire guys use that same side it becomes more dangerous for the slick bikes. A situation commonly called "on the marbles".

Sean

IMO, the glossier looking portion of the start line is way more tacky than is the well-used 'lanes' portions. I will always line up slightly off to one side of those two well-used lanes. Maybe why I have never spun out on the line. But it may also be part of the reason my ET's are always slower too - too sticky. I know when you go to lift a boot, the darn stuff is like having bubble gum all over the entire sole of your boot.

That is the "slick" only bikes. If street tire guys use that same side it becomes more dangerous for the slick bikes. A situation commonly called "on the marbles".

Sean

I've never seen that here. Hopefully the other side is prepped as good because that wouldn't fly with some of the guys I race with. Their street bikes make 200+ and 300+ HP. Trying to launch on anything but the very best prepped part of the track would just be a waste of time.

Well, the fastest street guys were turning in the 8's and some of the shoot out bikes were running much much faster. Fastest bike on the track for the weekend was 6's at over 220mph.

Sean

Latest posts

Back