Handlebars or spacers??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy!

Reaction score
Have done my homework as far as searching goes on here. Have found both spacer information and a little bit on handlebars but information is usually missing, so.....
What I am after is to have a bit more mechanical advantage with a slightly longer bar as well as moving the bars back a little.
Will the cables and hoses be long enough for this?
What bars have been successfully used to accomplish this? Heard something about tiger 650 bars but no others. Very little information.
Looking for a bit more upright seating position and better steering.
Thanks for helping out the new guy on the block!

Look at a Parts Unlimited catalog for bar dimensions. Maybe an inch & a half to play with on the hoses & cables. Be sure to check for full-lock ea. side operation for your controls before you ride it.

I have a Euro bar that would get the wider leverage with similar pullback to stock. Then add a gen mar riser (I think I have a chromed one on hand) and it will move the bar up 3/4" and back 3/4".

Sean

Have done my homework as far as searching goes on here. Have found both spacer information and a little bit on handlebars but information is usually missing, so.....
What I am after is to have a bit more mechanical advantage with a slightly longer bar as well as moving the bars back a little.
Will the cables and hoses be long enough for this?
What bars have been successfully used to accomplish this? Heard something about tiger 650 bars but no others. Very little information.
Looking for a bit more upright seating position and better steering.
Thanks for helping out the new guy on the block!
Hey Pappy there are a few options out there. I have a 1 1/4 risor from I believe Scoobyvandoo on ebay & it was 59 bucks & was nice & as far as wider bars you can get them from any local shop for about 24 bucks I will look up the part number if you want.

Okay....will I be lucky enough to do this with a different bar? Or, do I have to do both the bar and spacer?

Sure, Kyle, that would be great if you could look it up. Used and in good shape is fine for me as well.
Sean, on my '06 everything is a satin black so the chrome one would look out of place unless painted. Thanks though!

Okay....will I be lucky enough to do this with a different bar? Or, do I have to do both the bar and spacer?

Sure, Kyle, that would be great if you could look it up. Used and in good shape is fine for me as well.
Sean, on my '06 everything is a satin black so the chrome one would look out of place unless painted. Thanks though!
If I am gathering right from your talking I think you would be better with a different bar & spacer . I think this could be done in our area for around a 100 bucks give or take a few bucks. You have my number feel free to call again.

I'd start with the bar first. The spacer is added easily later. The spacer is available in black anodized too and I think even the bar can be had in black.

I'd start with the bar first. The spacer is added easily later. The spacer is available in black anodized too and I think even the bar can be had in black.

Sounds more cost effective! Do you have a recommendation? Bars would be chrome.

Sounds more cost effective! Do you have a recommendation? Bars would be chrome.

If you decide you want the spacers, I have a GenMar riser set in stock that I've had for quite a while. Retail is $89.95, you can have it for $59.00 plus shipping if you want it. Reply here or call the toll-free number on my website.

- Dobie
www.cycle-istic.com

If you want leverage then that's your option. If you want the bar closer to you then you want to do the riser. I have a few other bar types but they may require making custom lines and electrical cables which really ramps up the costs a lot (we can provide all of that if desired)

The Euro bar we sell is $25 plus postage (which should be around $15-$20)

Sorry for the late reply....had to make a trip out to Memphis on Wednesday and just got back.
Thinking I would like that bar you have and then if I need a spacer will go from there.

Back