how to fit 2000 R1 forks to vmax,i

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wexford dude

Reaction score
hi brothers,

i just got a set of r1 forks from a 2000 model,i have got a set of yokes machined up ,is there any pitfalls to fitting them with original wheel and i also have a set of blue spots,im going to rebuild this fronend to have it a bolt on bolt off,was going to fit new mastercylinders clocks the lot,is there anything i should be worried about thanks dudes

H Ilookin to do the same I have been told a complete front end from a 2000 r1 with a thunder cat front wheel (for the speedo drive I think).
I you get a triple tree from billet brain in the uk this is a direct fit but you will also need the fork extensions as the r1 forks are 2 inches shorter.
if any else has more info i'm all ears

more than 2 inches shorter. You can get sleeves for the outer shells of the forks or extend them internally like i did also stepped down triples is an option though i don't like that much, i made special yokes to correct that along with the internal extensions. Check my thread on my signature.

Latest posts

Back