Kickstand kill switch question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, thought my bike was doing this as when I knock it into gear to pull off it's cutting out, also bled the clutch as thought this could be the problem. Snipped the 2 wires and connected them, started the bike and when I put it into gear it is still cutting out! It's a 95 Canadian import

Hi, thought my bike was doing this as when I knock it into gear to pull off it's cutting out, also bled the clutch as thought this could be the problem. Snipped the 2 wires and connected them, started the bike and when I put it into gear it is still cutting out! It's a 95 Canadian import
"Cutting out" would mean intermittently running. If it was the kickstand safety switch it out die as soon as you stepped on the shifter and put it in gear.

Sorry for using the incorrect terminology, it was the sidestand switch but it appears it was the connector, tried touching the wires above the connector and it now works. Thanks though

Sorry for using the incorrect terminology, it was the sidestand switch but it appears it was the connector, tried touching the wires above the connector and it now works. Thanks though
That 2 prong connector on mine comes loose as the stock wiring seems short. It has a locking tab too. Glad you got it.

Latest posts

Back