Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome New guys, you'll find All you need here............trouble shooting,parts,and good people!

Thanks for the input, Brad.....I was thinking along the same lines.....just didn't want to take the carbs off if I didn't have to! Well, I think I know what I'll be doing next weekend! Thanks again!

I want to apologize to VMF members. I've been a member since July 2012 & never formally introduced myself. My name is Larry & im a cracker from Tampa,Florida & I'm married to a Puerto Rican, hence the name CrackerRican. I've had my 1990 max since 2003 & it's been totally stock & I was gonna get rid of the max, untill I join this forum & this freaking monkey bite the shit out of me. The mod monkey into my wallet about 15-17k as of now & still going up. What a rush!! I will never get rid of her now!!I just wanted to say thanks to some of the members that already have helped me out. I see that there is alot of Florida maxers here. Looking forward to riding with some them. Did I say what a rush!!

I want to apologize to VMF members. I've been a member since July 2012 & never formally introduced myself. My name is Larry & im a cracker from Tampa,Florida & I'm married to a Puerto Rican, hence the name CrackerRican. I've had my 1990 max since 2003 & it's been totally stock & I was gonna get rid of the max, untill I join this forum & this freaking monkey bite the shit out of me. The mod monkey into my wallet about 15-17k as of now & still going up. What a rush!! I will never get rid of her now!!I just wanted to say thanks to some of the members that already have helped me out. I see that there is alot of Florida maxers here. Looking forward to riding with some them. Did I say what a rush!!
Yep lots of Florida Max guys here & at least one girl(my girlfriend) Im about 50 miles from you in Oldsmar.

Hello to everyone.Im new to the Vmax.Ive owned many bikes but never owned one,or should i say it owns me.It just sits in the garage and i keep going out there looking at it like a little kid.They came out when i was in high school and a friend had a Kawi eliminator that i thought was fast as hell till i watcher the max rip him in half,that is all it took for me.After high school there was the navy and after that there was a family.Fast forward 20 odd years its my turn to be a kid again.Im now the very proud owner of a very mint 2000 Vmax with plenty of goodies,UFO exhaust being my favorite.Its about 28 deg in Northern Wisconsin so as soon as it warms up i will post plenty of pictures.Ive been cruising the forum for a couple weeks now and there is much knowledge here and I would like to thank all the people who have helped me already without even knowing it. I dont know how much help i will be with my limited knowledge of the vmax but i will always have beer in the fridge and coffee in the pot.My other rides are a 83 Suzuki 850 gs,86 Honda Magna,and the sweetest women in the world named Victoria.Thanks again Guy

Last edited:
Welcome warrior guy. They just layed down another layer of salt where I live, and a few more inches of snow for tomorrow. I had a zl900 but never race a Vmax with it. Just a Vmax now. All us northern guys are chomping at the bit to ride. We are with ya.

Hey y'all new guy from Texas here. Just picked up my max today :) I love it. It's a 97 with 16,000miles my only issues with it are my stop lamp switch is inop and I have a hard time finding neutral (could be user error or my clunky boots) it's got some aftermarket foot controls that may be the problem too. Thanks guy looking forward to getting to know y'all. Hope I posted in the right place if not mods please move
,rrlar15

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
Welcome rrlar15. Trying to find neutral troubles is some what common. You can adjust the gear shifter up or down to whats comfortable for you. That might help you some. Lots of good info here.:eusa_dance:

Welcome aboard to the thrill ride.........The mod monkey will be all over you now that your hear!!!

Ride safe......

Mike

Hey y'all new guy from Texas here. Just picked up my max today :) I love it. It's a 97 with 16,000miles my only issues with it are my stop lamp switch is inop and I have a hard time finding neutral (could be user error or my clunky boots) it's got some aftermarket foot controls that may be the problem too. Thanks guy looking forward to getting to know y'all. Hope I posted in the right place if not mods please move
,rrlar15

What's up? New member here. I've always been an admirer of the Vmax. I've been riding an 06 Hayabusa but with my age and height the ride started becoming uncomfortable, so after 4 years, I sold it. This weekend i'm picking up a 1 owner 2006 and can't wait. It already has a corbin seat, the sissy bar which i'm sure the GF will require, a small fly screen and a set of slip ons, although i'm unsure of the brand. I'm looking at improving where possible without going crazy. Here's a few pics.

3G23Lc3Hd5E15Fe5J1d2sfa27887976321021_zps24aea105.jpg

3If3Ja3N85N45Fb5Had2sd93f4d7119c91ca9_zps0c2ba891.jpg

3F73J53N15E65Ha5Jed2s6d73bacd5223177f_zpsb6da1968.jpg

3Gc3Me3Hc5L75Fe5Mcd2s540532c3a3f11989_zpse89dd279.jpg

What's up? New member here. I've always been an admirer of the Vmax. I've been riding an 06 Hayabusa but with my age and height the ride started becoming uncomfortable, so after 4 years, I sold it. This weekend i'm picking up a 1 owner 2006 and can't wait. It already has a corbin seat, the sissy bar which i'm sure the GF will require, a small fly screen and a set of slip ons, although i'm unsure of the brand. I'm looking at improving where possible without going crazy. Here's a few pics.

3G23Lc3Hd5E15Fe5J1d2sfa27887976321021_zps24aea105.jpg

3If3Ja3N85N45Fb5Had2sd93f4d7119c91ca9_zps0c2ba891.jpg

3F73J53N15E65Ha5Jed2s6d73bacd5223177f_zpsb6da1968.jpg

3Gc3Me3Hc5L75Fe5Mcd2s540532c3a3f11989_zpse89dd279.jpg
Welcome you will find any & everything about Vmaxes right here. Great group of guys w/ allot of know how.

Latest posts

Back