Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First bike was a 1980 Kawasaki zx500LTD.
Have had a wide vareity over the years including:
sportsters
Kawasaki Vulcan
Ducati Monster
Yamaha FJR 1300

Currently in my stable is a 2008 zx14 and my true love a
2001 vmax
This bike was kept stock for about 3 days after i brought home new in 2001. Its gone through countless revisions to reach the point that its at today.
Its got soul that the other bikes never had
raked frame 10deg
56mm USD forks
1500cc engine
NOS direct injection into intake manifolds
chain drive
330 rear
5 gal fuel tank
who knows how many parts made from scratch, i've lost count.
you can't buy anything off the shelf that fits this bike other than the oil filter
Syracuse, NY

Attachments

• FatMax 2007.07 100_0229 (Medium).jpg
    FatMax 2007.07 100_0229 (Medium).jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 15
  • FatMax 2007.07 100_0233 (Medium).jpg
    FatMax 2007.07 100_0233 (Medium).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • FatMax 2007.07 100_0234 (Medium).jpg
    FatMax 2007.07 100_0234 (Medium).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi Everyone,
I am a new vmax owner as of this wednesday. I have been dreaming and drooling over vmax's since I was in middle school so I decided it was time for me to find one. I took the day off work, drove from vermont down to NH (where several were for sale) and came home that night with a very well kept 1998. It has John Cornell's 4 into 2 exhaust with carbon fiber canisters, ufo fork brace, uninstalled frame braces, progressive springs, nology wires and a few other little things. I have had a bunch of bikes ranging from old honda cb750s to a 2001 r6, but already I know I have found what I've always wanted. The sound and power is exactly what I have been captivated by since I first learned what a vmax was. Already I have been able to search the site and answer some questions about plugs to use with nology wire, oil weight and capacity and final drive oil.
So there is my long winded intro. I am glad to finally have the bike I've always wanted. I'll get the bike cleaned up and snap some pics this weekend.
-Dana

Hi Everyone,
I am a new vmax owner as of this wednesday. I have been dreaming and drooling over vmax's since I was in middle school so I decided it was time for me to find one. I took the day off work, drove from vermont down to NH (where several were for sale) and came home that night with a very well kept 1998. It has John Cornell's 4 into 2 exhaust with carbon fiber canisters, ufo fork brace, uninstalled frame braces, progressive springs, nology wires and a few other little things. I have had a bunch of bikes ranging from old honda cb750s to a 2001 r6, but already I know I have found what I've always wanted. The sound and power is exactly what I have been captivated by since I first learned what a vmax was. Already I have been able to search the site and answer some questions about plugs to use with nology wire, oil weight and capacity and final drive oil.
So there is my long winded intro. I am glad to finally have the bike I've always wanted. I'll get the bike cleaned up and snap some pics this weekend.
-Dana

Welcome M8 but...

Hi Everyone,
-Dana

Congrats Dana! Since you are coming off of a R6,I highly recommend putting those frame braces on before trying any high speed turns.They will stiffen up the big hole in the frame where the motor sits.Without them you will flex the frame like a wet noodle under heavy torque.She won't stop nearly as good as the R6 either.

Congrats Dana! Since you are coming off of a R6,I highly recommend putting those frame braces on before trying any high speed turns.They will stiffen up the big hole in the frame where the motor sits.Without them you will flex the frame like a wet noodle under heavy torque.She won't stop nearly as good as the R6 either.

Yes, I actually already experienced some crazy flexing on the way to work this morning :ummm:.

I am moving this weekend into a new house and new shop so I'm not sure I will have time to weld those tabs on. As soon as I can get her cleaned up and those braces on I'll post some pics.

The r6 sure did handle great, but I ended up riding my old xs650 chopper more than the sportbike, so I decided to get rid of it and get a max. Even though the handling isnt great, I love the bike.

I bought the Dale Walker frame braces for just that reason,no welding.Those ones that you have are good ones though.You will notice a big difference once they are on.

Oh yea, heres a pic of the home made chopper since I dont have one of the max yet. Pretty much everything on it is scrap metal or old audi parts from various audi builds :rofl_200:The rear brake pedal is two short ends of audi connecting rods welded togeather with a wrist pin for a pivot and a welded wrist pin as a catch on the top. The shifter is a left handed jockey shift (about 18" long) brake linkage is snowmobile tie rods, there is some parts from past motocross bikes on there also.
n6901657_33183118_4689.jpg

n6901657_32148045_9279.jpg

Hi all. New Vmax Owner. Picked up a 2005 with 4900 miles for a good price. After riding my old mans I had to have one. Feels like a 2 wheeled chevelle. Comfortable as well.
I think I might be one of the younger Max riders at 21. Sportbikes simply are not good for anything other than the track or a smooth canyon and the Vmax is the only bike I have ridden that makes me grin ear to ear for more than an hour ride. And now I don't have to borrow my dads all the time. Doesn't have the negative image of sportbikes either. I am really tired of all the young guys buying a 100+hp 600cc for their "first bike to learn on" and making the rest of us guys look bad. Anyway talk to ya'll on the forum I've already learned a lot. :thumbs up:

Hi all. New Vmax Owner. Picked up a 2005 with 4900 miles for a good price. After riding my old mans I had to have one. Feels like a 2 wheeled chevelle. Comfortable as well.
I think I might be one of the younger Max riders at 21. Sportbikes simply are not good for anything other than the track or a smooth canyon and the Vmax is the only bike I have ridden that makes me grin ear to ear for more than an hour ride. And now I don't have to borrow my dads all the time. Doesn't have the negative image of sportbikes either. I am really tired of all the young guys buying a 100+hp 600cc for their "first bike to learn on" and making the rest of us guys look bad. Anyway talk to ya'll on the forum I've already learned a lot. :thumbs up:

:welcome_sign: , glad you are enjoying your VMax! :punk: Looks like another VMax owner here, KJShover , is about 5 hours north of you! Perfect excuse to go for a ride. :rocket bike:

One ride and I was hooked...

Howdy everyone! I'm a new VMAX owner but have been around at least my husband's VMAX for many years now. If it wasn't for "Huligan" letting me ride his VMAX one bike night, I wouldn't be the proud owner that I am today and my husband would feel a lot better with me "cruising" slowly behing him. Now he's watching to make sure I haven't zoomed past him or taken someone on in a street race. :biglaugh:

I've traded up from a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 to a 1994 VMAX that we bought off ebay in non-running condition back in Nov. 2007.

Engine wise it's pretty much stock. Most of the changes have been cosmetic. I'm big into bling in case it wasn't obvious.

Anyway, I've attached a pic so all can see. I've got some other things I'd like to do to it but I had to draw the purse string somewhere.

Kellie

Attachments

• #2 Finished 042308.jpg
    #2 Finished 042308.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
Re: One ride and I was hooked...

Howdy everyone! I'm a new VMAX owner but have been around at least my husband's VMAX for many years now. If it wasn't for "Huligan" letting me ride his VMAX one bike night, I wouldn't be the proud owner that I am today and my husband would feel a lot better with me "cruising" slowly behing him. Now he's watching to make sure I haven't zoomed past him or taken someone on in a street race. :biglaugh:

I've traded up from a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 to a 1994 VMAX that we bought off ebay in non-running condition back in Nov. 2007.

Engine wise it's pretty much stock. Most of the changes have been cosmetic. I'm big into bling in case it wasn't obvious.

Anyway, I've attached a pic so all can see. I've got some other things I'd like to do to it but I had to draw the purse string somewhere.

Kellie

Welcome the both of you! Pull up a chair and stay a while. There's a ton to learn here.

Hello. I am new to the site (directed here by a V-Max seller). I have been looking for the perfect ride (05 ~07) max. Had a '85 while in the military in the late 80's. When we're not on the bikes we ride and race snowmobiles (ice, snow or on the grass). The kids even get involved with the racing in the summer on a mini snowmobile!!! Other interests are Jet-ski's and fast boats!! If it has a motor on it, in it or near it, we're on it!!!

Hello. I am new to the site (directed here by a V-Max seller). I have been looking for the perfect ride (05 ~07) max. Had a '85 while in the military in the late 80's. When we're not on the bikes we ride and race snowmobiles (ice, snow or on the grass). The kids even get involved with the racing in the summer on a mini snowmobile!!! Other interests are Jet-ski's and fast boats!! If it has a motor on it, in it or near it, we're on it!!!

Welcome and enjoy!:punk:

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, and while I don't currently have a Vmax, I'm hoping to finances will allow me to purchase one of the new generation Vmax's.
I'm an ex-VMOA member (#226) from the "early" days. I had a '93, and had PCW perform the 1500cc treatment. I hope some of the guys I used to "chat" with are still in the club. Several of us met at Daytona BikeWeek back then, in fact, after snapping my driveshaft we performed a R&R at the VMOA BBQ at Roy Richard's house to get me back on the road.
I've been without my Vmax since 2002, and wish I had never sold it. Hopefully this new Vmax won't be overpriced, and hopefully I can get one.

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, and while I don't currently have a Vmax, I'm hoping to finances will allow me to purchase one of the new generation Vmax's.
I'm an ex-VMOA member (#226) from the "early" days. I had a '93, and had PCW perform the 1500cc treatment. I hope some of the guys I used to "chat" with are still in the club. Several of us met at Daytona BikeWeek back then, in fact, after snapping my driveshaft we performed a R&R at the VMOA BBQ at Roy Richard's house to get me back on the road.
I've been without my Vmax since 2002, and wish I had never sold it. Hopefully this new Vmax won't be overpriced, and hopefully I can get one.

Welcome to the forum Rusty.
We still have a pretty good turn out at Bike Week and Biketoberfest In Daytona.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi. I've had several bikes over the years, starting with Triumph choppers (back in the day) and ending with my beloved '85 Max. I started my own business as an underground petroleum tank tester in '92 and the Max had to go, along with my Corvette, house and anything else I had that could be turned into $'s :bang head:. The business went well and last spring I sold it and retired. Then started to look around for an old guy retirement vehicle. Of course!! Another V Max--perfect! Found a stock '99 which I cruise around on and love it. :clapping:

Dan

Latest posts

Back