Effing Thieves!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started taking mine with me when I saw some kids walking down Main Street in Hyannis ma. spitting in locked helmets.

Yea, what a nice world it would be without crooks and liars. I run a cable lock though my forks & helmet. Hyannis is a place I lock stuff up. Sitting there right now, safe and sound though.
Steve-o

Yeah its gotten pretty bad since the good old days when I grew up there.

Back in the 80's I was riding my KZ400 to work on the highway when the master link came apart and sent the chain sailing off. I coasted to the side of the road, and started walking back around a slight curve to retrieve the chain which had landed in the middle of the road. When I got back to the bike, some asshat had stopped and stolen my helmet AND my lunchbox that was bungee'd to the back of the bike! Things got better though because a guy with a cargo van stopped and helped me load the bike in his van, and then proceeded to give me a lift to work..... and he refused to take any money for his help! I guess there have always been good and bad people out there.

Back in the 80's I was riding my KZ400 to work on the highway when the master link came apart and sent the chain sailing off. I coasted to the side of the road, and started walking back around a slight curve to retrieve the chain which had landed in the middle of the road. When I got back to the bike, some asshat had stopped and stolen my helmet AND my lunchbox that was bungee'd to the back of the bike! Things got better though because a guy with a cargo van stopped and helped me load the bike in his van, and then proceeded to give me a lift to work..... and he refused to take any money for his help! I guess there have always been good and bad people out there.

Shala & I ran into one of those rare good guys many years ago when returning home from a trip to the Ozarks mtns while riding my Venture Royale. My throttle cable broke, and as I pulled to a stop on the shoulder, I hadn't even gotten the kickstand down before a good guy in a small pickup stopped to offer us a ride. He said he could tell we were in trouble by the way I had to pull over. He drove us nearly 60 miles and dropped us at my house and wouldn't take a dime for his efforts.

I was riding hwy 74 about 50 miles from home when I pulled over because 4 bikers were stopped on the side off of the road. One on a Buell has snapped his throttle cable and had his tank off trying to figure out what to do. I had my manual vboost hooked to a small clutch cable underneath my adjustable clutch handle. I said "do you need a throttle cable" and he said "who carries an extra throttle cable on their motorcycle cycle?" Took me 10 mins to get it off and 30 mins to hook it up with cable ties-he rode off and mailed it back to me.

Latest posts

Back