Picked up my first 'Max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCVmax

Reaction score
Welp... I got one finally. Been looking for a while. It's a '94, 21.5k miles, pretty much stock. It needs fork seals, tires, a rear brake rotor amd a few other seals and stuff. Got it for $3200.

I think I am officially the youngest vmax rider @ 16 years old. :)

Welp... I got one finally. Been looking for a while. It's a '94, 21.5k miles, pretty much stock. It needs fork seals, tires, a rear brake rotor amd a few other seals and stuff. Got it for $3200.

I think I am officially the youngest vmax rider @ 16 years old. :)

Congrats. I'd say you are the you youngest. I thought I was a youngter on here at twice your age. Good to see the appreciation for a killer bike has no generation boundaries.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Looks like it has some of our Muscle parts on there? Chrome Scoops and a Full Reshaped Seat Set (front and rear).

What's wrong with the rear rotor?

Looks like it has some of our Muscle parts on there? Chrome Scoops and a Full Reshaped Seat Set (front and rear).

What's wrong with the rear rotor?

It's grooved up pretty bad. I ordered a new one already so I'm checking that off of my list.

The scoops are chrome, it's staring to cone off on the top of them though. I'll have to get that fixed eventually.

He did say he had the seat re-done, is that one of yours? It's super comfy! Definitely better than the original. I think he's name was Glenn, maybe you remember him.

I'm super pumped about the bike! Going to try getting all of the major stuff done by June 10th so I can take it to a local car/bike show. Maybe it will win. :)

Cool bike. I hate to sound like an old dude but based on my memory of being 16 Im lucky to be alive. I was an idiot. With a 250c 2 stroke race replica. It was legal, crazy!

Ride safe with that bike. Its a lot of weight and power.
Dont take this as talking down to you, its more we want to see you here enjoying your bike long enough to be a cynical old biker too!

Congrats on your bike really hope you respect it cause it can be a beast and hurt ! If you hurry you could probably buy a gen 2 and be youngest also :rofl_200: Be safe and good luck at the bike shows ! :punk:

Cool bike. I hate to sound like an old dude but based on my memory of being 16 Im lucky to be alive. I was an idiot. With a 250c 2 stroke race replica. It was legal, crazy!

Dont take this as talking down to you, its more we want to see you here enjoying your bike long enough to be a cynical old biker too!
Over in the uk,at 16 you could only ride a 50cc.My first legal bike was a yamaha FS1E moped,as soon as i was 17 i bought a susuki GT 250 2 stroker smoker.Wow that could shift,0-60 i think was 6 sec and i managed 98 mph.I was an idiot on it,i loved that bike.

Hahahaha. Yep, I know. It's definitely a bike that can get you hurt quick. Just have to take it easy for a while around me get used to being on it.

Marsmax, I don't think I'll be getting a gen 2 anytime soon, those are a little too expensive hahaha.

Good looking bike, congrats. If you need some help, there are several people in the OKC area, and I live in Lawton.

I was about your age when they first came out back in '85 lol! I wanted one BAAAAAD! It took me until a few moths ago to finally buy one. And, like you, I need to put some money into it to get it 100% right mechanically.

With that said, welcome to the club!

Dude, I got bit my the MAX bug many moons ago. I was 16 or so, goofing around with my boys at a MC shop.. Could not afford it back then, but that poison had been in my blood ever since I sat on it. In my opinion, it was the meanest mother-F in the place. 4 years go, I happened across one, being sold not far from the job. Of course this made it easy to go see at lunch time. I'm 51 now.. That's some long lasting poison man:rofl_200:. Good luck and ride safe bro.. :clapping:

Congrats! Good looking bike (I could only dream of having one at your age!)

Cripes, at 16, I got my motorcycle endorsement, and promptly lost it within a month for riding like an a-hole.

You've got good taste in bikes - and not to sound like your mom, but watch your butt, every car on the road is out to kill you.

Oh, But have fun!

My son Ian learned to ride on my Max. He still thinks I'm gonna give it to him. Yeah, right...

Welcome & congradulations ! ....... The best move you could have done was to join this forum ! ........ Losts of good guys more then willing to help you with your new Baby !

Thanks guys. Really loving it already, put almost 200 miles on it in the past 3 days. Just got progressive fork springs and seals ordered from Sean... new clutch stuff will be here tomorrow... I'm excited!!

Welcome to the forum,
There are a great bunch of folks on here. Always helpful with V Max technical knowledge, and pleasant to chit chat and BS with in the off topic threads, too .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back