Picked up my first 'Max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, young man! I'm excited for you, and wish you safety and wisdom while riding. Not sure I was that mature at your age.

I had my motorcycle endorsement at sixteen as well, but rode an '87 light weight crotch rocket. The VMAX was the baddest street bike at the time. I was bitten then and bought my Gen1 much later in life.

Happy to help with any questions you may have. Good choice connecting with Sean for parts. Be sure to sync your carbs and you'll avoid some headaches. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Really loving it already, put almost 200 miles on it in the past 3 days. Just got progressive fork springs and seals ordered from Sean... new clutch stuff will be here tomorrow... I'm excited!!

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of great information here and plenty of folks willing to help with issues. Weather here in Oklahoma has be great when it is not raining. This weekend looks promising. I see you are in the OKC area, me too. I ride around the bricktown area most weekends or take a trip down south to the Thunder Valley Race track. Maybe we can hook up some time and ride around. Mine is a 1990.

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of great information here and plenty of folks willing to help with issues. Weather here in Oklahoma has be great when it is not raining. This weekend looks promising. I see you are in the OKC area, me too. I ride around the bricktown area most weekends or take a trip down south to the Thunder Valley Race track. Maybe we can hook up some time and ride around. Mine is a 1990.

Yeah for sure! I'd love to meet up with another max rider. I'm over by lake overholser (10th and council).
I plan on taking my truck and max to a car show this Saturday, it's at 10th and rockwell. Maybe you can swing by there? Would be cool to have a couple of vmaxes there haha.
I'm sure I've seen you around before. I've seen a couple here lately.

I've spoken with you a lot on the Moto-amino app.

Glad to finally see you're over here and in the community!

I was 24 and stationed at Edwards AFB when I came across this issue of Cycle World...

http://www.cycleworld.com/2008/06/04/cw-classics-1985-yamaha-v-max-first-look

...and I was 100% totally head over heels in love, but as a married two stripe airman with a baby all I could do was dream. It wasn't until about 4 years back that I finally made that dream come true and bought my '00 Max and I have to say the love is still there and better than ever!!!

Latest posts

Back