Deer + V-max = destruction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

child_of_fire

Reaction score
Took a spill on the Vmax Gen 1 the other night with the girl. Deer ran into the roadway and Ka_Blam-o.... ruined my weekend, sent us to the hospital, and caused a $3500 collision..

2006 with only 6k miles on it. Will most likely sell. But the insurance is saying its repairable at this time.

Anyone know any place that can rebuild and repair this thing? I am really disheartened and dont believe it will ever be the same again...

So would a Yamaha dealership be able to repair this? I need to report back to my insurance company and I am from the North Jersey area.

Dave

Sorry to hear about your crash. I'm a couple hours north of you in Columbia Co., NY and deer are becoming a huge hazard...and now moose are starting to show up too.

Maybe a call to John at PCW in Schenectady to see if he can fix it, or knows someone who can?

I'm sorry about your misunderstanding with the deers crossing schedule. Fucking hooved rats. So glad your here to write about it! I live in the Black Hills, SD and those lanky bastards are full of near misses.

For the love of all that is good in this world, do not trust it to a dealership. Get it to Danny or someone else trusted. I know there are many more maxers near you that can hopefuly guide you to the right person to do the work and the parts you will need to get her back together correctly. With a competent person on the wreches there is no reason she cant be as good or better than she was.

I parted out an 85 not long ago and still have a lot of stuff from it, although it wont all work on an 06 once you get a grocery list going of what it really needs post it up here. If cost is an issue I'll get you what I can for shipping cost only. Just glad your safe man.

Wow, sorry to hear about everything. If you dont send it to someone to get fixed (John or Sean) just post up all of the stuff that you need, and we can help you out as much as possible.

Sorry to hear this. Almost anything can be replaced. Lots of parts around.Can you post a pic or two?
I've seen dear freeze in their tracks long enough for me to get by.I hit the horn in many short taps when I see one. Of course that only works if you see them first.

Wow...at least you and your girl are ok. Reminds me of this story here....http://lifeisaroad.com/deerkilling.html

Pretty graphic!!! Note the trail of blood on the road....

roydeer3.jpg

Glad you and your girl are OK!

Considering your location, I would recommend John at PCW racing in Schenectady, NY (Albany area).

I have first hand experience with him, after having a Mercedes SUV run onto (and over) the front tire of my VMAX last summer.

John did a thorough evaluation, found items that the insurance adjuster did not, worked with me on what I wanted done, and was very timely in performing the work that we agreed on.

He went so far as to measure the runout on the front rim and compare that to factory spec - so I must say that he knows his stuff and is comprehensive!

PCW Racing (John) does some pretty significant customization of VMax bikes - I saw a lot of bare frames, modified swingarms etc.

Dave, sorry to hear about your crash.
I'm really glad no one was badly hurt!

If you wanted to work with PCW, I'm actually making a trip up there next week. We could throw your bike on the trailer.

Another option would be Kenny...he does bike repairs as well.

Give me a call.

Mark

Also......if they end up totalling your Max, my 09 is going to be for sale soon if you have any interset. ;)

Glad your alive! I crashed my beautiful Vmax but rebuilt it because of the support from this forum and Sean

I have some parts left over that I can give you if you need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure I can help. In fact i've got a 2006 for sale and could even consider giving you some trade in credits for your bike (need to get an idea what's bad and we can try and see if we can get it worked out). Email me at [email protected]

I've got other Vmax's as well that would be cheaper depending on what you're wanting to do with it.

Latest posts

Back