Magnacharger for vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed with Bill last week and he says he is in business. He tells me he will not build a kit until it's ordered and it takes about 3-4 weeks to ship.

He's qouting $4500 now for the whole kit.

Rusty

GOOD LUCK with that "3-4 week" thing...The last 5 superchargers I ordered from Bill took nearly a YEAR, & he tried to bump the price $1000. on the last 2 kits, even after waiting 10 months...BUYER BEWARE.

John
610-509-VMAX(8629)
:bang head:

Well glad u asked , so far I have ridden it every day since I finished the install. At first mpg was about 19 or so . Well I have this big problem too I can't resist the throttle now so mileage suffers lol. The more Miles I have ridden it the faster it gets as the supercharger begins to free up . The last ride I went on I went 87 miles through all types of traffic , stoplights , etc . I personally love the effect of a supercharger surging for fuel at an idle as it lurches it's awesome . this surge goes away as soon as you bring rpms up to about 1600 rpms as the idle currently is from 1500 to 1300 during the idle surge . No problems in town with overheating sitting at traffic lights etc,. Cruising now is a dream just a sweet little whine as the supercharger does it's thing . acceleration is incredible .I have learned that downshifting a few gears and slamming throttle wide ass open is a little tricky as the back tire likes to lose traction lol.Oh and i love how people look at me now when I roll up to the gas station , when i idle , I know the first thought they think is . why is that guy revving his bike up and down over and over , (It's not me just the awesome effect of a blown vmax oh yeah, oh last trip out I got 26 miles to the gallon and still haven't just ridden it without using 4 barrels all over the place . One day I may just cruise to get actual fuel mileage. But right now it's just to damn fun to haul ass trying it out lol. hopes this helps:punk:

If someone hasn't told you yet,
(& Bill SHOULD BE modifying these carbs PROPERLY for a blower application...?!?!?!?...)
There is a simple trick to get the idle to stabilize...
Drill each throttle plate, close to the leading edge, with a TINY drillbit,
(think it's 9/64" to start)
then work your way bigger,
until the surging stops...
(of course, drill it OFF the bike, so filings don't find their way into your motor...!!!)

Hope this helps;
ENJOY your blown MAX...NOTHING like it on 2 wheels!!!

John
RMSportMax

Yea, we can sell these kits new now too though the last pulley took a few weeks longer to get them promised (like John said). I haven't set a firm price on the setup yet but it will be far higher than the ebay one.

I recently sold my low mileage magnacharger unit for $4000 shipped to Europe. That included both a low PSI pulley/Belt (new) and a high PSI pulley. It didn't have the scoops like the ebay unit.

Another comment. These things sound incredibly cool and attract a crowd everywhere you go but don't expect to see big HP gains. The higher boost pulley will require better pistons (which we have available) but again don't expect to see 200 rwhp without an extreme amount of other engine work.

Sean Morley

Man, I'd love one of these things....just for the sound!! That bike of Nobody's had the coolest 'spool-up' of anything I ever heard!

Course....nothing else concerning him was worth listening to....but the bike sounded wild! :punk: :rofl_200:

Man, I'd love one of these things....just for the sound!! That bike of Nobody's had the coolest 'spool-up' of anything I ever heard!

Course....nothing else concerning him was worth listening to....but the bike sounded wild! :punk: :rofl_200:

Thats funny

Its like in Harry Potter, the one we dare not speak of, Voldemort or something... LOL

Takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. I bought some parts from him at one time and other than being a little pushy / gruff , I kinda liked him. He was straight up with me on the exchange and all the parts I bought were as stated , shipped promptly , packaged well and insured. He is very opinionated , for sure , tact is not one of his best traits , but he is who he is , and , until you walk in his shoes , you never know why he is what he is ? Just sayin' .

Theres a place for worms in this Earth as well... Need to have someone to process all the manour otherwise we would all be sitting in a pile of shit... :rofl_200:

Takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. I bought some parts from him at one time and other than being a little pushy / gruff , I kinda liked him. He was straight up with me on the exchange and all the parts I bought were as stated , shipped promptly , packaged well and insured. He is very opinionated , for sure , tact is not one of his best traits , but he is who he is , and , until you walk in his shoes , you never know why he is what he is ? Just sayin' .

Not to be-labor but, I got some exhaust gaskets from him, wrote him a couple times to see if he got the money, wrote him a couple more times about shipping....first and only correspondence I had was the gaskets showed up at the door 2 weeks later, never actually heard a word out of him! :confused2:

Latest posts

Back