What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got wet riding it to work. apparently 0% chance of rain means its going to rain. also haven't seen the sun in over a week... doesn't mean i haven't been riding tho!

Rode it to the Car and Bike show at the Log Cabin. Probably 400 bikes and 500 cars. Was able to make contact with the other 6 Vmax's that were there, 2 were 09's. Did a nice Holeshot to quiet down the Vtwin peep's.

I looked at it all apart in my garage this morning as I got in my car to drive to work...

STILL waiting on the paint work...

Chris

Chris,
I did the same thing as you.........lol BUT Sean has my stuff on it's way and Marks pipes get here Monday so next week I should be up and running just in time for our 90 plus degree...

Ron

Today... nothing :( BUT yesterday, as soon as I got home from work I took her out for a tear! She had been parked for a week due to inclement weather (rain), and I wanted to see if the maintenance I did over the weekend made an improvement in her behavior. I'm please too say that she is running happier, shifting smoother and running cooler in traffic (thanks to the bypass switch!)

All in all, it was a great ride! Albeit too short :(

Not a thing!!! Still waiting for the shop to complete dyno tuning of the EFI:bang head: Apparently their dyno guy only works Mon-Wed!!!! Have a brand new Koso digital speedo ready to install and no bike to put it on......:eusa_pray:that I get it early next week so I can get that installed and a new gel pad in the pillion pad (my girlies bum doesn't agree with the current seating arrangement and we know how important that is!). Still have to replace my mirror too.

Not a thing!!! Still waiting for the shop to complete dyno tuning of the EFI:bang head: Apparently their dyno guy only works Mon-Wed!!!! Have a brand new Koso digital speedo ready to install and no bike to put it on......:eusa_pray:that I get it early next week so I can get that installed and a new gel pad in the pillion pad (my girlies bum doesn't agree with the current seating arrangement and we know how important that is!). Still have to replace my mirror too.

HAHAHA, I bought my wife her own damn bike so I could ride solo! :) Was that wrong of me?

Today... nothing :( BUT yesterday, as soon as I got home from work I took her out for a tear! She had been parked for a week due to inclement weather (rain), and I wanted to see if the maintenance I did over the weekend made an improvement in her behavior. I'm please too say that she is running happier, shifting smoother and running cooler in traffic (thanks to the bypass switch!)

All in all, it was a great ride! Albeit too short :(

I've heard several times about this bypass switch Has anyone that you know of posted instructions for doing this bypass? also how does it work?

Thanks
Ron

I've heard several times about this bypass switch but have not seen anything on how to do it. Has anyone that you know of posted instructions for doing this bypass? also how does it work?

Thanks
Ron

I'm NO Expert, in fact, if it were not for this forum and the guys on here I'd still be scratching my head.

1) Remove Faux Tank
2) Remove right side Scoop
3) remove plastic cover from rad fill cap
4) thermostat is beneath the fill cap, white connector, two wires. Pop it off, jump the wires in the connector and turn the key on. YOU'VE GOT FAN!
5) Ok, enough of that. If the fan does not come on, pop the seat and check the fuses, 10 amp closes to your .....uhhh.... 'goodies' is the fan fuse. Replace if bad :bang head: <-- learn from me on this one..... Nuff said.
6) Decide where you want to install the switch, I put mine on the left side so I can leave my right hand on Throttle/brake
7) Either way, you need remove the plastic covers to drill for the switch, so remove the 6 screws holding the rad fill pipe and lines, then you'll be able to remove the ignition cover.
8) on the left side, remove the scope and the electronics (feel free to leave whatever you want attached if you so desire.
9) remove the 3 screws holding that plastic 'thing' in place, if you don't remove the electronics, you'll need to disassemble the two peices of plastic covers. You follow?
10) run the 2 wires from the switch following the other wiring to the other side of the bike, splice them in and bob's yer uncle.

Test everything before running the wires or drilling any holes. Test it again before you put the bike back together. This one is simple.... it only took me 4 tries.... but I blew a fuse the first time and never realized it... nuts.

Hope this helps!

So you just run a wire from each side of "any type" switch and connect those wires to the white connector ? how are the fuses being blown? hooking the wires to the wrong sides of the white connector ? if so is there a way to tell which wire goes where so I don't have to blow a fuse?

Thanks
Ron

I've heard several times about this bypass switch Has anyone that you know of posted instructions for doing this bypass? also how does it work?

Thanks
Ron

It's SUPER easy. You put a switch in parallel to the stock temp/fan switch. It's that easy... It's just a contact closure setup... Instead of the temp switch closing you're closing a manual switch which does the same thing... TURNS THE FAN ON...

Chris

HAHAHA, I bought my wife her own damn bike so I could ride solo! :) Was that wrong of me?

She wants her own next year:biglaugh: Problem she is having is being only 5' 1" tall with a 24" inseam. Not too many bikes that low to choose from. I think she is leaning towards a Ninja 250 lowered for her height.

She wants her own next year:biglaugh: Problem she is having is being only 5' 1" tall with a 24" inseam. Not too many bikes that low to choose from. I think she is leaning towards a Ninja 250 lowered for her height.

i've heard great things about the 2008 and up ninja 250s look the shit too for a 250!:worthy:

Yeah but they are SLOW!!! I'd look for a 500... MUCH better overall... An SV650 is another good one.

Latest posts

Back