Bit of advice please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean-uk

Reaction score
Hello chaps,
I'm just getting my bike out from approx 2 years storage and wondered if there's anything i should look out for or a certain procedure for the first start ?

Hello chaps,
I'm just getting my bike out from approx 2 years storage and wondered if there's anything i should look out for or a certain procedure for the first start ?

Did you store it with ethanol fuel? Perhaps was any fuel stabilizer used? I would check the air filter/box for rodents living in there, and look over wiring for chew marks. Definitely check the oil and coolant levels, and a double check on front fork psi and rear differential fluid level, and tire psi. Clutch and brake fluid levels should be checked and make sure they’re working. Drain carbs, New gasI think after all of that if everything was good, id run it to circulate and flush all fluids, and flush/change them. Maybe I’m missing something but that should give you a good amount to check till someone else adds to the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back