Dale Walker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Dale Walker system for the max? The sound clips on there sight are great!

It's a good system. My friend is looking to trade his for a kerker 4 into 1.

Think he would be interested in selling it?

I asked him, he prefers to trade for a Kerker 4 into 1 with comp baffle.

I've only seen one on a Trade in bike at the dealer that they didn't even bother to wash before putting out...

It looked like it had ceramic coating on it before it started rusting out and the can looked kind of cheap....
In general the whole bike was in bad condition though so I chose not to judge his system by that example.....

I think this was an older system also because it was a 4 into 1....

The exhaust the guys I ride with have are

Marks,

Kerker system and slip-on,

Hindle,

Cobra slip-ons,

The Marks is far and away my favorite of the bunch....

maleko89 said:
I asked him, he prefers to trade for a Kerker 4 into 1 with comp baffle.

Let me know if he changes his mind.

I've only seen one on a Trade in bike at the dealer that they didn't even bother to wash before putting out...

It looked like it had ceramic coating on it before it started rusting out and the can looked kind of cheap....
In general the whole bike was in bad condition though so I chose not to judge his system by that example.....

I think this was an older system also because it was a 4 into 1....

The exhaust the guys I ride with have are

Marks,

Kerker system and slip-on,

Hindle,

Cobra slip-ons,

The Marks is far and away my favorite of the bunch....
soare you saying that the holesjot pipes were all crappy looking and do you think marks pipes are better? thanks

soare you saying that the holesjot pipes were all crappy looking and do you think marks pipes are better? thanks

The Holeshots looked bad but mostly due to lack of care.

Marks were my faves but I have since decided on UFO's

Marks stainless is not polished, it's brushed.

so do you guys think the ufo is much better then the holeshot or vice verse.

so you guys feel that supertrapps are about the same as holeshot or ufo? how of you guys are running a stage 1 jet kit w/ your pipe or full exhaust system? i do see there a bigg differnce in prices.

so you guys feel that supertrapps are about the same as holeshot or ufo? how of you guys are running a stage 1 jet kit w/ your pipe or full exhaust system? i do see there a bigg differnce in prices.

Supertrapps are just slip ons, not a full exhaust system. i was referring to full exhaust systems being the same, performance wise. If you only want to do slip ons, then Supertrapps are the best in that category.
Don't worry about rejetting. The Stage 1 kit is seen as a waste of money.

Supertrapps are just slip ons, not a full exhaust system. i was referring to full exhaust systems being the same, performance wise. If you only want to do slip ons, then Supertrapps are the best in that category.
Don't worry about rejetting. The Stage 1 kit is seen as a waste of money.
thanks. well i am wanting to tget rid of the trapps becase the wife smells like exhaust everytime we ride and doesnt like it. so if you feel all of the full ex. are roughly the same, do you al run at least a stage 1 jet kit? i had a kaw.750 that had a stage 3 w/ my header pipes and it worked really well, except it always started harder after. theres a big differnce in price between the systems. whatim looking for mostly is a good deep/louder(not too loud) sound out of the max. i dont want anything quieter then the s.trapps. thanks.

If you want to keep the Supertrapps you can get different end-caps from denniskirk.com. They have outlets in them so the sound/exhaust goes straight out instead of radially through the diffuser discs.

If you want to keep the Supertrapps you can get different end-caps from denniskirk.com. They have outlets in them so the sound/exhaust goes straight out instead of radially through the diffuser discs.
yea, i actually had them on my 99' i had. it was extremly loud. was told(wife) couldnt leave it that way. lol.

If you are on a budget, new Kerker systems appear on Ebay every so often and are cheap! Usually they are factory blems in the chrome so they unload them cheap. That is where I got mine from. However you lose your center kick stand ( which sucks when you are changing your back tire) but they are a nice sounding system. Depending on the baffle insert, loudness wise they range from ear bleeders to semi loud.

Back