Magnacharger for VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxguy

Reaction score
Looking at buying a vmax with a magnacharger on it. It has a stock engine with this blower and has 8lbs of boost. Will the engine hold up if it is tuned correctly? How much boost can you run with a stock engine? Thanks your your help.

That's pushing it on stock pistons. I have some of the low comp pistons on hand actually! 6 lbs of boost is what I would normally limit myself too.

Sean

I would buy a 1500 Tourmaster. 160 RWHP plus and very fast. Loads of fun!!

rick rash

The year and price aren't too scary. It may be a really fun project.. I'd listen to Sean's advice on the pistons and boost though... Dyna Ignition has a curve specifically for this type of application...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

More like 145-150 with the supercharger. You'd be surprised at how inefficient they are. I outran one in both et and mph (the big indicator of power) with Jeffs Vmax making 119 rwhp.

Now, if you crank up the boost, get low comp pistons, and good rods then we can get into the 160 range. Start boring it out, going a lot more boost, head work, cams, ect.... and you'll get lucky to get to 200rwhp.

They are about the coolest visual and sounding things though!

Sean

More like 145-150 with the supercharger. You'd be surprised at how inefficient they are. I outran one in both et and mph (the big indicator of power) with Jeffs Vmax making 119 rwhp.

Now, if you crank up the boost, get low comp pistons, and good rods then we can get into the 160 range. Start boring it out, going a lot more boost, head work, cams, ect.... and you'll get lucky to get to 200rwhp.

They are about the coolest visual and sounding things though!

Sean

They sure are!! That video of Novie's (I think) spooling up is over the top cool!! :clapping:

my bike is supercharged , i can answer a lot of questions you may have , I did take seans advice when i built mine carillo rods , ross forged pistons , 1300 cc ,dyna coils , kerker 4 in 1 , sounds awesome , i ran a 10.84 at 132 mph launching in 2nd gear and finish the quarter in 4th gear , I tried 1st gear could not hold the front down ,:punk:

That MPH is good for a very low ten if you can get it out of the hole!

Latest posts

Back