Fitting the fork WP 48 mm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan vmax

Reaction score
Fitting the fork WP 48 mm from the motorcycle KTM SMR 990 :панк:

Attachments

• DlGLbZxGW88.jpg
    DlGLbZxGW88.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 3uCDeqpFPx0.jpg
    3uCDeqpFPx0.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 110
  • K9tpbld8sFw.jpg
    K9tpbld8sFw.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 121
  • w6DgG5iyBuU.jpg
    w6DgG5iyBuU.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 102
A stout pair of triples. Given the bike they're off-of, they may be the correct length, and it should be easy to find the correct springing for something of that quality.

A quick check shows 7-1/2" of travel, and a dry weight of 460 lbs, (990 Duke) so you have a difference of about 140 lbs. That's roughly 1/4 the weight of a VMax.

The bulk of the installation reminds me of the Excelsior/Henderson.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Classic/Excelsior-Henderson%20superx.htm

The company manufacturing the forks is an alternative to Ohlins, Ohlins is owned by Yamaha. It's WP, which used to be named after the brothers, with the "P" standing for "Power," but with the negative connotation for their company name, in common parlance, they shortened it to "WP". The family name is White.

Last edited:
A stout pair of triples. Given the bike they're off-of, they may be the correct length, and it should be easy to find the correct springing for something of that quality.

A quick check shows 7-1/2" of travel, and a dry weight of 460 lbs, (990 Duke) so you have a difference of about 140 lbs. That's roughly 1/4 the weight of a VMax.

The bulk of the installation reminds me of the Excelsior/Henderson.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Classic/Excelsior-Henderson%20superx.htm

The company manufacturing the forks is an alternative to Ohlins, owned by Yamaha. It's WP, which used to be named after the brothers, with the "P" standing for "Power," but with the negative connotation for their company name, in common parlance, they shortened it to "WP". The family name is White.

The weight of the motorcycle was 265 kg, I tried to make it as easy as possible, wheels were installed CARROZZERIA

VERY NICE!

I really like the whole setup. From the design of the triples, to the color of the forks and raw aluminum and finishing it off with multi-function gauge.

Great job.

Did you do the machine work?

R.E. doomsday machines:
Ten thousand dollars for a set of Gen. 1 VMax cyl. heads is above my price point!

Stuff is well-done though.

R.E. doomsday machines:
Ten thousand dollars for a set of Gen. 1 VMax cyl. heads is above my price point!

Stuff is well-done though.

I caught that too.

Interesting stuff. I like the clear engine covers.

The OP's font end design (triples and headlight) and the clear engine covers, reminds me of work done by a past member here, Przemek (Satariel666).

I also have one of the front ends here that we're going to use on a build. I've had it for a few years now.

Attachments

• 1184793_1383352851937877_1130056140_n.jpg
    1184793_1383352851937877_1130056140_n.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back