S/S engine bolt list

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THMAX98

Reaction score
Good day from good old New Zealand,ive finally got THMAX running properly again after having the carbs on and off a large no.of times (patience is a virtue) and now once again have the love, and want to make it look even better with s/s engine bolts but the price of postage to NZ is horrendous ,does any one actually have a list that i could get done here?

I haven't made a list (though i need to) but you can do that with the part numbers right off the Yamaha microfiche. I do have chrome bolt kits though if interested.

Easiest way is to pull each bolt and measure length. Some bolts like frame and brake caliper are fine thread metric, which is hard to find in ss even online. ARP makes them and I think its worth the premium. I buy the common stuff off mcmaster carr. I have a set now off most sizes on the bike and my friends can use it for their bikes or I use ot for other projects.

hey thanks for that,i worked it all out and the engine covers range from 37mm to 42mm so i got 30 at 40mm and 5 at 45mm and will check them as i replace them will get back to ya all and let you know how i got on

Well that didnt work ,the parts list i was looking at had no. 93211-06239-009(item 11, water pump) which i thought would be 6mm 39mm long ...nah me was wrong

V Max Engine Bolt Kit total # of bolts needed

Quantity Head Type Size length
6 Flat Head 6MM x 1.0 12MM
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 16MM
4 Socket 6MM x 1.0 20MM
14 Socket 6MM x 1.0 25MM
12 Socket 6MM x 1.0 30MM
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 35MM
4 Socket 6MM x 1.0 40MM
3 Socket 6MM x 1.0 65MM

Stator Cover
2 Flat Head 6MM x 1.0 12MM
11 Socket 6MM x 1.0 30MM

Middle Gear Cover
4 Socket 6MM x 1.0 25MM
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 40MM

Water Pump Housing
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 16MM
4 Socket 6MM x 1.0 25MM
3 Socket 6MM x 1.0 65MM

Clutch Cover
6 Socket 6MM x 1.0 25MM
1 Socket 6MM x 1.0 30MM
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 35MM

Cylinder Covers / Intake Manifolds / Breather Housing
4 Flat Head 6MM x 1.0 12MM
4 Socket 6MM x 1.0 20MM
2 Socket 6MM x 1.0 40MM

Very nice list Damon. Our chrome bolt kit includes most of these. I've also got a motor mount kit too.

Attachments

• Chrome Engine Bolt Kit.jpg
    Chrome Engine Bolt Kit.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Chrome Engine Mount Bolt Kit.jpg
    Chrome Engine Mount Bolt Kit.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25
Nice one Damon, many thanks for that.
One query, when you say flat head am I correct that is a countersunk socket?
Also, do you have a list of mounting bolts?

Are this possible to get in black color?
Chrome don't match on a black 2.gen Vmax. :eusa_snooty:

You can get black anodized aluminum bolts for the non-structural parts? Many colors are available. His bolt list was for a gen 1 so your sizes will be different. You MIGHT be able to get black titanium bolts as well. There are black steel bolts available (black oxide) but they don't tend to hold up as well to the elements on the aftermarket stuff. The stock are more or less black bolts.

Latest posts

Back