Just an update on some fun races

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLA-Vmax

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I don't post here often but thought this was worth posting for those speed freaks and hooligans like me.

I live in Vero Beach, FL and recently met with a friend who was dying to see my black 2018 VMax ( Voodoo pipes w/ no tune yet). I rode with him and his friend so it was my VMax, a Z1000, and an 06' R1. We lined up and raced from a 50mph roll and the Z1000 instantly fell back while the R1 and my VMax we perfectly neck and neck up to 150mph (I am still limited to 150mph). We then raced all three bike from a dead stop and let me tell you.....it wasn't even a race. The VMax was so far ahead by 130mph I let off. We did this and some more rolls many more times. It was my first time racing other bikes with the VMax and I was impressed with how such a big bike kept up with the rice rockets. Not to mention they were blown away by it as well.

I have done a few more races with local guys on back roads and the older early 2000's street bikes are no match for the VMax. So that's all so far lol. Just a little bragging rights lol. I have 2200 miles on it in 4 months and the stock tire is getting pretty bald.

One last thing...the Voodoo pipes are extremely loud but sound unbelievably good. You can wake the dead with them and everybody looks when you drive by. Only downside besides the outrageous volume is the glossy paint doesn't last long. Within 2 months they lost their shine and the exhaust clamps they send in the package broke already. But for the price I am happy.

Any Florida guys hit me up!

Ha ha......very cool! I got my first Gen 2 in 2009 and have a lot of the same stories you do. Also sent a few guys on their "professionally tuned" Busa's home with their tails between their legs after dyno competitions. :biglaugh:

The Gen 2 is quite a beast even almost 10 years later.

Glad you are enjoying yours, the 2018 version is really the nicest Yamaha made IMO. It's a great looking bike. Post some photos when you have a chance.

If the Voodoo gets to loud for you or continues to lose it's looks you might consider a midpipe that will allow you to mount those nice black stock mufflers back up. There are several out there that will bolt right up with the stock mufflers and you will not be giving up anything in the power department. The sound will be a nice rumble but not as loud as the Voodoos.

Have fun, and if you haven't done so yet check out the StarVmax site.

Mark

Next year I am adding a Gen 2 my stable.. :) I love to hear stories like this..

Latest posts

Back