October Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto to all the good comments. You so outclassed me Damon. Congrats..

Dave

Ditto to all the good comments. You so outclassed me Damon. Congrats..

Dave

I am glad you took the time to send in your pics of your bike Dave! The USAF paint is fantastic and your bike is definitely a looker. Just want everyone who entered to know that all the bikes and mods were great, and that as I said earlier this was a tough decision.

Especially with Coprunner and his clan looking evil as hell and threatening a napalm strike:rofl_200:

Very nice looking wheels. I've been trying to figure out what way to go on rims, I wanted Carrozzeria, but their not available. I figured that left RC Components or Kosman weld-ups, but your rims look real nice. Can you tell me what you paid?

Ridin Dirty,
As I remember they were around $2200~$2400 plus shipping for the set. I also sent my choice of tires directly to UFO & Jon mounted & balanced for no additional charge.

Are these much heavier than stock Damon??:confused2:
Nice wheels!

Dale #2592

Dale,
I never real had them weighed as to if more or less then stock weight. My thought process was I wanted a set of 17" wheel that would holdup to our road conditions here in Michigan, (for those who live here know exactly what I’m talking about) this 2001 max I generally use for road trips etc. If I was considering more of a race application for something like my 85 max I would be looking a lighter wheel set maybe something like the Air-Frames etc.

PS: Dale, I’m carrying a few extra RWHP with this bike, another reason I didn’t worry too much about wheel weight, but I guaranty you they are all genuine Yamaha parts

Okay, after a lot of thought the MMRB have chosen the Mod Monkey of the Month for October.

Given that the criteria was a fall colors picture of your Max and that this person's bike is definitely one that the MMRB appreciated a lot, the winner is.................................... DAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damon, you will receive instructions via PM on how to collect your prize, a set of solid motor mounts from Sean Morley.

As an aside I would like to say that this was the most difficult decision the MMRB has yet to make. Hopefully the trend continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOD MONKEY,
I would like to personally thank you, your review board for their selection, & Sean Morley for the donation of one of his products. You can bet they will go to good use.

I would also like to thank all who participated & sent complements, If it wasn’t for all the great mod articles & pictures submitted by others I would have never been inspired to join in. Now it’s time to move onto the November contest, I can tell you that I have one of those oil pressure gauges on each of my maxes, they work great for verifying PSI @ idle ~through the RPM range, & what I use mine most for is to determine when the engine is warmed-up before blasting-off to avoid blowing an oil system “O”ring.

Damon: I kinda went backwards with the oil pressure gauge. I installed it to verify oil pressure so I could hold off doing mods to the O-Ring for a few months. When I did go after the O-Ring, it was popped out.

My oil pressure had been documented with it popped. Sean had thoughts that even with it out of the groove most engines could survive. Mine did and I found no evidence that any damage had been done. I used a Kawasaki O-Ring that I got from Sean. it fits the old stock oil pipe groove very well. I also used the Cycle One Off fix that includes more solid and longer "Button" for the bottom of the pipe and a new gasket.

I gained between 2 and 10 lbs of pressure throughout the rpm range. Mine bypasses at about 64 lbs. It would pump 64 lbs even with the popped O-ring, just at a slightly higher rpm. I used to see 0 when the bike was warmed up at idle, now I see 2 lbs...

Again Congrats on your win, Sweet Bikes you have.

Dale,
I never real had them weighed as to if more or less then stock weight. My thought process was I wanted a set of 17" wheel that would holdup to our road conditions here in Michigan, (for those who live here know exactly what I?m talking about) this 2001 max I generally use for road trips etc. If I was considering more of a race application for something like my 85 max I would be looking a lighter wheel set maybe something like the Air-Frames etc.

PS: Dale, I?m carrying a few extra RWHP with this bike, another reason I didn?t worry too much about wheel weight, but I guaranty you they are all genuine Yamaha parts

Congrats on a well deserved win Damon. I've never seen anyone squeeze out the HP like you do using only genuine Yamaha Parts!!!:punk:

Dale #2592

Congrats on a well deserved win Damon. The bikes look great as always. :punk: I think one would look good in green.

Since its just about done. i submit:

1 kosman 17 rear rim
1 braced and notched swingarm from mr morley
both powdercoated flat black
190 rear shinko radial tire
front 120 shinko radial.

LOVE the feel.. pics (with autumn colours as requested)

Looks amazing !!!!! :punk:

Latest posts

Back