Every once in a while...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right OT, in fact I hardly ever pin the throttle WOT when riding around the 'hood. That's probably why my bike smoked so bad when dyno'ed. Too much carbon build up. But if you ever watched a bunch of different bikes run to the redline on a dyno like we did at Kyle's last Saturday, MAN WHAT A THRILL !!!

Can't wait 'till the next dyno-day. Watch you're back Kyle, I'll be re-jetted by then...:biglaugh:

You're right OT, in fact I hardly ever pin the throttle WOT when riding around the 'hood. That's probably why my bike smoked so bad when dyno'ed. Too much carbon build up. But if you ever watched a bunch of different bikes run to the redline on a dyno like we did at Kyle's last Saturday, MAN WHAT A THRILL !!!

Can't wait 'till the next dyno-day. Watch you're back Kyle, I'll be re-jetted by then...:biglaugh:
LoL that bike was falling on its face its running right now & if its not sold then it will be rejetted to.

I guess I'm lucky, almost every time I take out Redbone I get into triple digits. That being said I feel very safe riding at those speed because I live in a rural area, not a lot of traffic on back roads and the worse thing I have to worry about is some animal crossing in front of me. I don't really see the point of riding that fast for a long ways so my runs into the triple digits are usually over within a mile then I enjoy the ride until I get the chance to do it again.
There's nothing like coming to a 4 way stop on a nice warm summers day and looking to the left, straight ahead, or to the right and not really care which way you go. :worthy: This is Vmax, time to ride!

I stopped in a bone yard today and asked if the guy had a Vmax speedo...
Dude looked me straight in the eye and said "I've never parted a Vmax and never will. We put 'em back together" "I can't let one die"

He's got my business for any other bike just because I can't get parts for mine.

I stopped in a bone yard today and asked if the guy had a Vmax speedo...
Dude looked me straight in the eye and said "I've never parted a Vmax and never will. We put 'em back together" "I can't let one die"

He's got my business for any other bike just because I can't get parts for mine.

epic last words... lol.

that guy is like a vmax angel.

and sean morley must be an angel... of death!

You could also say any automobile with more than 40 or so HP is "overpowered", since that's about all that's needed to get a typical sedan to do 65mph. Why does anybody need a car that could exceed the posted speed limit?

I don't pussy-foot around, my Max hauls the mail every time it goes out. More than once I've "caught" myself on the way home, realizing I haven't opened up the tap yet, and promptly do so at the first opportunity.

The difference between a 400cc twin and a 1200cc V4 isn't just flat out performance, it's ease of riding. With my old GS450, you had to wring it's neck constantly. The twist probably spent half it's life against the stop to keep up with highway traffic. Passing above 55 was dangerously slow or totally impossible. Downshifting (twice) for even modest grades. On the other hand, the Vmax just effortlessly goes everywhere. Never have to downshift for any highway grade, ever(even with Venture drive). Barely have to touch the gas starting off, where the 400 required a considerable amount of revving to get off the line.

A 400 is a mouse fart sent into motion by an ant sneeze, where the Vmax is the hand of God pushing you down the road.

Back