Work van

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
Anyone near Minnesota got a work van for sale my trany went out and need one asap. Not finding anything really anywhere... everything is over priced!

For the money you would spend on another van why not rebuild or replace the trans with a used unit?

Probably because a transmission rebuild costs anywhere from $2-3k. If it's an older van, likely more than it's worth.

Cruise craigslist, and the lists for nearby cities or bordering states. Sure you can find something, craigslist has everything. You could probably find a robotic tap dancing Jesus if you looked long enough.

Could you be a bit more specific on how much and exactly what you're looking for? Went to look for a van in your state. There is a butt load of them. Some don't appear too pricey in 'wording'. Course everyone on CL is upright.:th_butt:

I am looking to spend up to $3000 or so.. i really would like to stay with the ford e250/350 my van is just rusted out the drivers floor is gone plus a few other spots. its done for. I have been looking on CL anyone in that price range and with under 200k miles isn't responding to my emails. Going nuts not working!

Local junkyards should have a replacement for cheap. Depending on your skill level and the availability of place to do it, transmissions aren't too bad to change with some common tools and a pair of hydraulic floor jacks.

Back