Music "deep cuts"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
There's a thread on another forum I check out like this, and I picked up lots of cool new music off it, so I figure I'll give it a go here.

Essentially, its for any obscure/rare/little known songs that you really like. Kind of like "best songs nobody's heard". Can be of any genre, any band, and from any time period. In the other thread, probably 95% of songs were on iTunes for preview, and if you liked a song, you would PM your email address to the person who posted it and they'd send it to you.

I'll start:

Title: Rose de Lay
Artist: The Killdares
Album: Secrets of the Day
Genre: Celtic Rock
On iTunes? Yes

Can't find a decent copy on youtube.

Instrumental Celtic rock at it's finest. Great music to listen to while on the bike. This is my favorite, but you really can't go wrong with anything from them. "Glasgow" is another noteworthy one.

Last edited:
There's a thread on another forum I check out like this, and I picked up lots of cool new music off it, so I figure I'll give it a go here.

Essentially, its for any obscure/rare/little known songs that you really like. Kind of like "best songs nobody's heard". Can be of any genre, any band, and from any time period. In the other thread, probably 95% of songs were on iTunes for preview, and if you liked a song, you would PM your email address to the person who posted it and they'd send it to you.

I'll start:

Title: Rose de Lay
Artist: The Killdares
Album: Secrets of the Day
Genre: Celtic Rock
On iTunes? Yes

Instrumental Celtic rock at it's finest. Great music to listen to while on the bike. This is my favorite, but you really can't go wrong with anything from them. "Glasgow" is another noteworthy one.

ugh can't get a decent copy on youtube. my android phone has amazon mp3 (drm free) and love it. just got it for 99 cents. i'll go listen shortly.

Nice one Garrett....parts of it kind of remind me of Trans-Siberian.

Here's another couple:

Title: Fusion
Artist: Cool Cavemen
Album: Multiploar
Genre: Rock/Ska
On iTunes? yes
The audio quality on this utube version kind of sucks, but all I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqQH58ZAn2A

Title: Hanuman
Artist: Rodrigo y Gabriela
Album: 11:11
Genre: Latin
On iTunes? Yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBX_v1Po1Y

This is probably my favorite, but they have so many amazing songs it isn't even funny. They both come from metal bands, and both have absolutely amazing skill. They have acoustic covers of many well known metal songs also...check them out. Keep in mind there is NO accompaniment or dubbed over track...all the percussion sounds are made with the guitars.

This is cool - great idea.

So a lot of people can't handle the screaming, but try to think of this song as an instrumental piece, with the vocals just adding one more set of sounds. These guys are incredibly talented, and they play together very tightly. I'm a recent fan.

Artist: August Burns Red
Song: Composure
Genre: Hard Core

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJREDZpir6g

Haha I've actually heard that song, I think it was on one of the Rock Band games. Kewl song though.

Here's a couple of songs that represent a "bygone era" of music.

Title: Butter on My Roll
Artist: Gregory Brothers
Genre: Motown

Not a lot of people know that the "Auto Tune the News" people are actually really talented musicians, and they make music almost "on the side". This one has a really hot Motown flavor, they really just don't make music like this anymore.

It's not on utube and I can't upload mp3s to this site, preview it on itunes or something and I'll email you the file if you want. The video is pretty cool too.

Title: Tighten Up
Artist: The Black Keys
Genre: Blues/rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpaPBCBjSVc

Really old-school sounding bluesy rock. Love it, it sounds vintage and fresh at the same time.

Latest posts

Back