Harley makes my day!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see, V-rod Streetrod, pipes and intake work - no problem 3x's - man was this guy pissed off that he could not beat my max, especially after all the smack talk he was doing at a bike night. This guy even went as far as to state that jap bikes have to copy everybody else's style and that the Vmax is a copy of the Vrod. :ummm:

V-rod Muscle, completely stock - he didn't have a chance. Again not happy guy after all the smack talk he put out prior to the race.

1st year V-rod, wide tire kit, pipes, intake work, big bore kit, etc, etc, etc... was pretty close, but the max still won.

I am not a big street racer unless prevoked and even then it takes alot to get me to line up.

Now I know that there are Harley's that can beat the Max, but how much are they willing to spend to do it?

Mike

Hey Dan,
Maybe the poor guy never heard of the vmax until that day.
Maybe his Harley friends didn`t tell him `cause they didn`t want to scare him :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:.
Maybe his friends sent him away for 23 years :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Or maybe he is honestly retarded.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<David>>:punk:

Alright....just trying to head off certain verbal abuse that's gonna come along soon as this goes public....but if you wanna be the brunt of all those "3 fingered willie" jokes, so be it!!

Anyhow...on to more important stuff....whaddya think about....instead of the tri-maran....going with a flat bottomed craft with a very modest centerboard and ailerons for aerial stability?

The advantages of such a design boggle the mind!!!

triple screw......Bwaaahahaha!!! :rofl_200:
I am in on the flat bottom too.
We may need you to donate a couple of powerplants as my two are already out of the frames ready to be foamed into the hull after I fill the water jackets, and I am gonna pull Rockos CF apart on Wednesday while he is over at bike night showing off his Kawi ZZR to all the two bit punks on their stretched, thrashed, fubared Busa's and 1 litter Gixers.
He was too busy putting the neon glow lights inside the rear fender of the ZZR to even notice me stenciling "International V-max Jumping Team" on the back of his helmet in day-glo orange spray paint last week, so I bet he doesn't diagnose the missing engine for at least a 7-10 days. LMFAO!:looser:

"3 fingered willie" - How'd you know Rock's nick-name back in college???

I am in on the flat bottom too.
We may need you to donate a couple of powerplants as my two are already out of the frames ready to be foamed into the hull after I fill the water jackets, and I am gonna pull Rockos CF apart on Wednesday while he is over at bike night showing off his Kawi ZZR to all the two bit punks on their stretched, thrashed, fubared Busa's and 1 litter Gixers.
He was too busy putting the neon glow lights inside the rear fender of the ZZR to even notice me stenciling "International V-max Jumping Team" on the back of his helmet in day-glo orange spray paint last week, so I bet he doesn't diagnose the missing engine for at least a 7-10 days. LMFAO!:looser:

"3 fingered willie" - How'd you know Rock's nick-name back in college???

As luck would have it....Tugla & COPRUNNER are coming to visit for a few days next month so a couple extra powerplants are noooooo parblum!

Yeah, Rocko gets on that Kaw and looses all sense of reason....uber hi-speed runs and all sorts of other insanities....totally irresponsible!! Pretty sure I'm gonna have to go out there...have a word....ya know? :no no no:

The "3 fingered willie" part was easy....we went to different colleges together!! :ummm:

I knew you would see the value in the flat bottomed design....the benefits are nearly endless!! Well....except for catching an edge, but we won't go there right now!! :punk:

I knew you would see the value in the flat bottomed design....the benefits are nearly endless!! Well....except for catching an edge, but we won't go there right now!! :punk:[/QUOTE]
Catching an edge? No worries there, as if Rock survives jumping the Trimaran than he's driver/throttle man on the flat bottom. I mean why should I have to learn to jump another vehicle if he is already experienced right??

I have been trying to convince him to allow me to foam him into the hull so that he has a rigid and secure position to pilot the craft over the jump. He keeps arguing that it is a safety issue and that he would drown if the boat blew over or got stuffed on landing. I keep telling him if that happens the impact is gonna kill him before he has a chance to drown.:ummm:

"3 fingered Willie"??? "Death on impact"?? "Neon glow lights on my bike"???

Yesterday I ride my Max to work. The Fedex rep shows up and has been talking to me for months about getting a bike. He has been asking my advice and he has seen my bikes. I recommend he get something 500-650cc max due to him being a beginner. Ego steps in and he tells me perhaps he needs more power yet he has never ridden a bike. I advise him that he needs to learn to ride first and that the big power bikes will get him in trouble too fast. Yesterday he comes in to work right a closing time and I am on the max ready to roll. I warm up the bike while we talk and I tell him to watch me as I pull away. I wait till traffic clears and roll out to the center of the road, turn around and get lined up. Clutch dump and hard burn out through first nice and straight, throttle blip and slam second. Can you say unexpected wheelie!!! I was wearing a back pack with about 15 lbs of gear that helped out my center of balance nicely. Either way i leaned a bit forward and rode it out through second without incident.

He calls me up this morning and says "I see what you mean man, I think I will go with a 500"... LOL!!! Just goes to show you that the second gear hard shift does not always result in a burnout! You see, driving like an idiot can act as a valubal teaching tool from time to time. I probably just help save the guys life.

"3 fingered Willie"??? "Death on impact"?? "Neon glow lights on my bike"???

Yesterday I ride my Max to work. The Fedex rep shows up and has been talking to me for months about getting a bike. He has been asking my advice and he has seen my bikes. I recommend he get something 500-650cc max due to him being a beginner. Ego steps in and he tells me perhaps he needs more power yet he has never ridden a bike. I advise him that he needs to learn to ride first and that the big power bikes will get him in trouble too fast. Yesterday he comes in to work right a closing time and I am on the max ready to roll. I warm up the bike while we talk and I tell him to watch me as I pull away. I wait till traffic clears and roll out to the center of the road, turn around and get lined up. Clutch dump and hard burn out through first nice and straight, throttle blip and slam second. Can you say unexpected wheelie!!! I was wearing a back pack with about 15 lbs of gear that helped out my center of balance nicely. Either way i leaned a bit forward and rode it out through second without incident.

He calls me up this morning and says "I see what you mean man, I think I will go with a 500"... LOL!!! Just goes to show you that the second gear hard shift does not always result in a burnout! You see, driving like an idiot can act as a valubal teaching tool from time to time. I probably just help save the guys life.
I think I need to buy a 500cc after hearing this! I value my life!

I kid!:biglaugh:

I think I will keep my 1200cc V Max and try real hard NOT to drive like Rocko!! (As if I could)

And I'm not kidding.... not even a little bit! :rofl_200:

Dan-O, didn't you just install nitrous on Sally Max right before the brownie run? I believe you were talking somewhere in the upper 100's HP figures. Hardly sounds like a set up I would use back and forth to the bingo parlor.I am sure the extra boost helped assist getting up to highway speeds, LOL...:thumbs up:

Dan-O, didn't you just install nitrous on Sally Max right before the brownie run? I believe you were talking somewhere in the upper 100's HP figures. Hardly sounds like a set up I would use back and forth to the bingo parlor.I am sure the extra boost helped assist getting up to highway speeds, LOL...:thumbs up:
Nah, he uses the nitrous when going on a run for ice cream. The nitrous comes in handy on those hot days so that the trip home is just a little bit quicker! No dripping ice cream container for Dan-o!:punk: I know why his place is called Brownie Run Central, the best in the land!

Rocko, how did you know I play bingo? Just can't help myself man, The Grange Hall Monday, K of C Tuesday, Fire Station Wednesday, Masonic Temple Thursdays....I'm a busy man...can't be doddling around on the roads!!! It's where my 'monkey money' comes from!:rofl_200:

Besides, the nitrous is gone! The judge ordered me.......well, the nitrous is gone, 'nuff said. :biglaugh:

Nah, he uses the nitrous when going on a run for ice cream. The nitrous comes in handy on those hot days so that the trip home is just a little bit quicker! No dripping ice cream container for Dan-o!:punk: I know why his place is called Brownie Run Central, the best in the land!

Brian, after the trial, and all, and I removed the nitrous (under armed supervision...THAT was pretty embarassing :biglaugh:) I decided to get some COO wheels and Metz radials for '99! Pretty sure I can improve on my 'Ice Cream Run' ET with the increased handling....what dya think?

And....yes, they certainly make some killer sundaes at BRC!!! Now I gotta get a 1428 PCW motor just to haul my ice cream ass around!! :10_6_8::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

dan when the cops asked me about some dude on a black bike with a blue bottle i told them " i have no clue occifer :whistlin:, it went by me REALLY REALLY FAST" :moped: :rofl_200:. sorry you ran out of juice and got caught, glad the judge didnt through you in the slammer....... i mean where would we have BR2011:ummm::rofl_200::rofl_200:

dan when the cops asked me about some dude on a black bike with a blue bottle i told them " i have no clue occifer :whistlin:, it went by me REALLY REALLY FAST" :moped: :rofl_200:. sorry you ran out of juice and got caught, glad the judge didnt through you in the slammer....... i mean where would we have BR2011:ummm::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Thanx for covering for me Rov, I guess when they saw me beside the road whacking my bike with a belt, yelling...."Bad Bike....Bad Bike for going fast like that!!!" they kinda realized it'd be easier on everyone to just give me the ticket and move on!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

isnt that self incrimination? i mean they should have felt sorry for you rather then issue you with orders to remove the stuff. i mean dont they know the power of the MM........ feel sorry for the next victim of the juice hahahahah

Rocko, how did you know I play bingo? Just can't help myself man, The Grange Hall Monday, K of C Tuesday, Fire Station Wednesday, Masonic Temple Thursdays....I'm a busy man...can't be doddling around on the roads!!! It's where my 'monkey money' comes from!:rofl_200:

Besides, the nitrous is gone! The judge ordered me.......well, the nitrous is gone, 'nuff said. :biglaugh:

Brian, after the trial, and all, and I removed the nitrous (under armed supervision...THAT was pretty embarassing :biglaugh:) I decided to get some COO wheels and Metz radials for '99! Pretty sure I can improve on my 'Ice Cream Run' ET with the increased handling....what dya think?

And....yes, they certainly make some killer sundaes at BRC!!! Now I gotta get a 1428 PCW motor just to haul my ice cream ass around!! :10_6_8::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
I like your line of thinking, those 17" tire are a lot less attention grabbing for the Po Po than a big 'ol blue bottle hanging off the side of the frame! They won't be able to catch for sure! I too am going to go the modern tire setup way, I believe, I just have to find the right wheel in 18"!
Bingo is a hard way to earn mod monkey money(MMM), but it at least you don't have hang out on downtown corners offering rides on your Vmax for $50...never know who'll you get wanting jump on the back for a wild ride!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back