Will you ride till snow comes down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought my VMax for a really short work commute(about 15 mins long never going over 45mph), so I plan to ride into the winter. If it rains or snows, I'll take the car, but otherwise I'll be on two wheels.

Oh damn, where is my picture off on my new 1986 Vmax in the snow with all my leathers and my neck scarf with about 2 feet of snow on the grass but the the roads were dry and dusty with salt! I got a nasty wind burn on the front of my neck where where a sliver of skin was exposed. About 12 degrees which is warm compared to KJ winters but I was unable to ride without the choke for quite some time. If you never stop riding, you never have to winterized, just dump the 20/50 weight oil for 5/30.
I should mention I live in South Florida now and that behavior would absolutely kill me should I be stupid enough to re enact that.

I'm fortunate here in northern California, we have pretty terrific weather year round. No snow where I live, but my parents live in Nevada so there are times when I will travel to their house and there is some snow on the roads. But, when the snow starts to stick to the roads I quit riding the motorcycle to my parents house.

Attachments

• 2012-11-07 12.14.47.jpg
    2012-11-07 12.14.47.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 8
Thanks y'all for chimming in. I now don't feel like the only one that rides till the cows come home and snow drifts pile up over my head. Those you that ride in Sunny Cali or Florida, I am wicked jealous, but without AC on my bike, I have no deep seated resentment.

Just as an aside, ya know when you hear that all that salt will work it's way into your bike and wreck it up with premature rust. Well, right about August, I noticed a lot of rust starting near the swing arm and my expensive Kury Floorbards age with more pitting quick.

Jack

Looks-like my riding season is probably drawing to a "Miami FL" close, the pool is down to 89* F & it's raining heavily.:rofl_200:

I do have Gore-Tex jacket & pants, ATX boots the same, and waterproof gauntlet gloves, but I am a 'fair-weather' biker. I am also a local-route biker, and the longest I ever ventured from home on my bike was 400 miles, many years-ago.

Hopefully the cold weather will hold-off for you to ride thru Oct. in the North, perhaps longer.

We can't ride past Dec 15 th up here. Any vehicule after that date must have winter tires ;(. I ride t'ill late nov weather permitting

Latest posts

Back