VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most non synthetic diesel oil has zinc in it to lube the large gear train in a deisel engine. It suits the Vmax trans. just fine without causing clutch slippage. It's great all around oil. We used it in everything, deisel or gas at the marina. Unless, synthetic was required by the manufacturer. As a back up to Rotella, we used Chevron 15w-40. Like stated, Shell is resonable to buy and sold everywhere.
Steve-o

Well I went for a hard blast with the Valvoline Blue Diesel. Nothing special to report as yet. Clutch operation was as normal, hard on the gas and the bike responded as it always does. Usual "Clunk" into first gear :confused2: and as usual neutral is hard to find when thoroughly warmed up. Oil seems fine though. No surge or cavitation thus far.
Updates if they are necessary.

Chris.

just switched from Mobil 1 High Performance MC oil ($13 per quart) to Rotella T 15w40. Got a big performance increase but I know this is impossible. The bike just seems to want to jump out from under me.

Again...I KNOW this is impossible, but it sure seems to make a big difference.

Not impossible I switched from yamalube ( what ever they put in it ) with clutch slippage to rotella 15w 40 big difference with no slippage . The engine feels tighter too ! love me some dino !!

so the clutch STOPPED SLIPPING? my mechanic says my clutch slips. I've never noticed it. Perhaps this will stop it.

BUT....he wanted a grand to fix it. Just talked to TraumaHawk...seems the price of the parts to completely replace everything in the clutch is a bit short of a grand. Fortunately, I've found a new mechanic.

I simply don't have a place to do the work myself or I would.

Perhaps my GF will let me take over her garage, throw her car out in the rain and spend a grand building work benches and installing a lift...NOT.

so the clutch STOPPED SLIPPING? my mechanic says my clutch slips. I've never noticed it. Perhaps this will stop it.

BUT....he wanted a grand to fix it. Just talked to TraumaHawk...seems the price of the parts to completely replace everything in the clutch is a bit short of a grand. Fortunately, I've found a new mechanic.

I simply don't have a place to do the work myself or I would.

Perhaps my GF will let me take over her garage, throw her car out in the rain and spend a grand building work benches and installing a lift...NOT.
My wifes car is outside 1 vmax and 3 dirt bike and my vette are enjoying the garage space right now ..

It's synthetic and not normally suggested (expecially if you run the bike hard). I do have a case here where I talked another customer out of using it. Not sure what ship cost would be lol.

Question about Royal Purple. Does anyone use it for the Vmax? Is it worth the $$$ ?

I used Kendall MC 20-50 for 5+ years. Then I tried Royal Purple. I did notice a difference right off the bat! It didnt clunk putting it in first gear anymore. It seam to run a little smother...

Then I became an Amsoil Dealer and I have been using that ever since. I'm sure I'll get flamed but I like the stuff! LOL JMHO

I use Honda HP 4 which is a regular oil not synthetic. Change oil and filter every 2,500 mi. My bikes seem to shift better with this oil over any of the Car engine oils or Yamaha Lube. I haven`t had any mechanical problems yet. Both engines are still stock, with headers and Morleys stage 7 setup. I have 28 and 29 K on these mills. And they do get flogged regularly. As long as it works as good as it does I will use the Honda oil.

I used Kendall MC 20-50 for 5+ years. Then I tried Royal Purple. I did notice a difference right off the bat! It didnt clunk putting it in first gear anymore. It seam to run a little smother...

Then I became an Amsoil Dealer and I have been using that ever since. I'm sure I'll get flamed but I like the stuff! LOL JMHO

One thing I find interesting in oil comparisons: Amsoil-published comparisons show their oils compared against pretty much all other major brands. Comparisons published by other brands don't include Amsoil. Wonder why?

Re: oil

Rotella is a diesel oil, it has the added zinc that our wet clutch needs, 15w40, it will also make finding neutral lot easier, personally I would stay away from synthetic oil it makes our clutch slip

Back