bent frame?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ta406

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and first would like to say what a great sit this is. I recently bought a wrecked 94 Vmax I have learned alot about this bike from the information I have read on this site.

The bike was in a wreck in which the rider hit a car at somewhat of a angle. The inner fork tubes were bent along with a broken fork brace. I have replaced the fork tubes and now when the bike is sitting level, the front wheel looks like it is leaning to the right side of the bike. I went for a quick ride down the street and I have to turn the bars slightly to the left to keep the bike going straight. If I let go, the bike wants to right.The triple tree is straight, steering stops were not broken, and there does not appear to be any frame damage like dents, kinks, or paint stress cracks around the steering neck. I am not sure what to make of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, if the forks are not mounted at the same height in the triple tree I would imagine this would cause the same problem (this is a guess, I've never seen it). Short of that, I would have to think that the steering neck got slightly tweaked out of alignment. If that's the case, you may be better off getting another frame.

Back