stretchin the fazer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Finally put the swingarm on today that I had Rod stretch last year.It's not done yet.I need a longer chain and braided brake line.I also have the new FZR 600 wheels,forks and brakes to get done so I can put them on too.Powder coated valve cover and ceramic coated headers going on later today.
I think it looks cool as hell stretched 6" over.I have to make some kind of new bracket for the plate though,hits the wheel now.

Attachments

• stretch.jpg
    stretch.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 69
  • sf2.jpg
    sf2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 35
  • fb2.jpg
    fb2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 21
  • fb.jpg
    fb.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 19
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 11
  • fw.jpg
    fw.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Shannon Fazer.jpg
    Shannon Fazer.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 65
Finally put the swingarm on today that I had Rod stretch last year.It's not done yet.I need a longer chain and braided brake line.I also have the new FZR 600 wheels,forks and brakes to get done so I can put them on too.Powder coated valve cover and ceramic coated headers going on later today.
I think it looks cool as hell stretched 6" over.I have to make some kind of new bracket for the plate though,hits the wheel now.

I also included a pic of Sean's friend Shannon's fazer that has the FZR 600 wheels forks and brakes already installed.Looks great with the 17" radials.

Not that this matters but a guy put a 7" extended S/A on an otherwise dead stock SV1000S. A stock SV goes high 10's in the 1/4 mile. 10.90 or so and his pulled a 9.97 and he has the time slip to prove it.

My point is that it's amazing what just an extended swing arm can do to a dead stock bike...:thumbs up:

Looks great Shawn. Going with radials then?

Why didn't they gusset the swing arm?

Not that this matters but a guy put a 7" extended S/A on an otherwise dead stock SV1000S. A stock SV goes high 10's in the 1/4 mile. 10.90 or so and his pulled a 9.97 and he has the time slip to prove it.

My point is that it's amazing what just an extended swing arm can do to a dead stock bike...:thumbs up:

Looks great Shawn. Going with radials then?

Why didn't they gusset the swing arm?

Yes it will have radials,160/60zr18 on the rear.We didn't brace the swingarm because my wife doesn't ride like I do.Still can do it later though.

Looks like it has potential for a nice little weekend warrior bracket drag racing bike. :clapping:
I always liked the Fazers I am jelous thanks Shawn for reminding me how sweet they look even more stretched :drool:

Starting to get done.I still need to get a longer rear brake line,Put the new chain on and put the exhaust on.I got side tracked for awhile with my honda.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 18
How do you like the FZR conversion? Looking good. It's a long way from the bike I sold you a few years back.

I'll have to get a pic of Ryans Fazer. He's only been to the track once and still pretty leary on launching it with the new setup since he's used to launching with the bar. The 8" over on it seems to be hooking up fine for me on the street but you have to launch a feather it out. I think he has only run 10.50 with it so far but only managed 3 passes in with the high wind we had.

It's be at Topeka to see what the new combo dyno's at. I'm guessing 135-138 on the engine and around 195 on the NOS.

Sean Morley

It's just about done.I just came back from riding it again.These things are a blast to ride!I love the fzr conversion and stretched swingarm.Still wheelied a little bit on me.

Attachments

• lulu.jpg
    lulu.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 21
  • lulu2.jpg
    lulu2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 12
  • lulu3.jpg
    lulu3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
It's just about done.I just came back from riding it again.These things are a blast to ride!I love the fzr conversion and stretched swingarm.Still wheelied a little bit on me.

I still need to find a rear braided line(smoked) about 36" long.

Thank you for all your help with this Sean.It wouldn't have been possible with out you!

How do you like the FZR conversion? Looking good. It's a long way from the bike I sold you a few years back.

I'll have to get a pic of Ryans Fazer. He's only been to the track once and still pretty leary on launching it with the new setup since he's used to launching with the bar. The 8" over on it seems to be hooking up fine for me on the street but you have to launch a feather it out. I think he has only run 10.50 with it so far but only managed 3 passes in with the high wind we had.

It's be at Topeka to see what the new combo dyno's at. I'm guessing 135-138 on the engine and around 195 on the NOS.

Sean Morley

Sean,How are those flats working out for him?

Back