Doin' the Shimmy Shimmy Shake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
The weather has been cooperating so I'me getting some milage built up on my bike.

Even marked my "turf" in front of work with a nice stripe.

However, on the highway starting to kick in between 100-110 I'm getting head shake.

Bloody hell, This thing has less then 50 miles on it. so last night I spent the better part of the evening going over every part of the bike. Everything was in spec, even the rear. So I backed that down a tad so as not to mess up my dif. I tightened up the head we will see how that goes today.

I did order a stearing dampener, I love these things. I've had them on my XS and my Z1.

Its supposed to be in the 50's today, so it's time for more milage, then its supposed to get up to the 60's by mid week, MORE MILAGE!!!!

The other day, I went to work at -3f Helmet cam definatley doesn't like the cold, it shut off before I was at the end of my street, now its upper 20's/low 30's. Much more comfortable to ride in. Soon it will be in the upper 70's and full on riding season will be here. I'll get some good video and pics to post.

:cheers:

Well, I took the advice Shawn gave me. I thightened up the head. then hit the road.

I noticed the bike now wouldn't self correct and was swaying. I pulled off to the side of the road, then loosened up the head a lil. rode, then loosened up a lil until the sway stopped.

The bike it solid at least to 120. I topped her off then went for a nice 71 mile ride according to my trip meter.

Played with the T-boost. I left it off while on the highway and had it on the 3000 rpm setting around town FUNNNNN!

Played with another fatass on a import cruiser, I think it was a VTX1800. Sate the honda by about 3 lengths. It should have been more, but what the hell, I'm heavy.

I stopped by my work to get my gloves and while I was there I weighed my bike. With a full tank and me on it, I'm 1000lbs even. Told ya I'm a heavyweight. oh well, I've already dropped 45 and now have another 80 to go.
So next year would be cool.:punk:

All and all it's been a great ride. But I'm now grip shopping, then hand-numbing POS from the factory sucks ass.

After riding I topped her off, washed her then parked. I did the math, 38.8 mpg.

Thanks Shawn for the tips, and everyone keep the rubber side down :cheers:

Well, I took the advice Shawn gave me. I thightened up the head. then hit the road.

I noticed the bike now wouldn't self correct and was swaying. I pulled off to the side of the road, then loosened up the head a lil. rode, then loosened up a lil until the sway stopped.

The bike it solid at least to 120. I topped her off then went for a nice 71 mile ride according to my trip meter.

Played with the T-boost. I left it off while on the highway and had it on the 3000 rpm setting around town FUNNNNN!

Played with another fatass on a import cruiser, I think it was a VTX1800. Sate the honda by about 3 lengths. It should have been more, but what the hell, I'm heavy.

I stopped by my work to get my gloves and while I was there I weighed my bike. With a full tank and me on it, I'm 1000lbs even. Told ya I'm a heavyweight. oh well, I've already dropped 45 and now have another 80 to go.
So next year would be cool.:punk:

All and all it's been a great ride. But I'm now grip shopping, then hand-numbing POS from the factory sucks ass.

After riding I topped her off, washed her then parked. I did the math, 38.8 mpg.

Thanks Shawn for the tips, and everyone keep the rubber side down :cheers:

I made a mark on my top nut with a marker and noticed that it kept getting looser by itself. Blue loctited it and nothing has ever moved again.Mine is steady clean up to 1 1/2" past 160mph.If you are tucked in.

I made a mark on my top nut with a marker and noticed that it kept getting looser by itself. Blue loctited it and nothing has ever moved again.Mine is steady clean up to 1 1/2" past 160mph.If you are tucked in.

Great Idea, I just went out and marked it. :thumbs up:

I installed a SUPER BRACE on my 92, boy what a difference.
I can go to 140 with no control issues.

Latest posts

Back