Any experience with these

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentole

Reaction score
Considering buying these for my Max - anyone had experience ?

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 64
From what I've read, most will say leave v boost alone and the ignition is good for the rev limiter and makes best power on a mostly stock max on curve 2.

I used a t-boost for years and had no problems with it.The vboost kicks in at 3000 rpm and I enjoyed the seat of the pants feeling of power lower in the revs.Some guys say that having the vboost coming in at 3000 loses power overall but each to his own.Cheers Kevman.

I found the t-boost thing to be little more than a novelty. It just makes the bike run too rich, hurts torque and sucks gas. I will agree it gives an odd "seat of the pants" feeling the bike is more responsive, but in reality, it's slower. You can also make one yourself with a few basic electrical components, all they do is feed the servo controller the signal from 2 coils instead of 1, so it thinks the engine is spinning twice as fast as it really is.

The ignition can help a little, getting a rev limit feature is nice if you plan on flirting with the limiter frequently. I just went with a shift light stuck to the side of the speedo.

i found the t-boost thing to be little more than a novelty. It just makes the bike run too rich, hurts torque and sucks gas. I will agree it gives an odd "seat of the pants" feeling the bike is more responsive, but in reality, it's slower. You can also make one yourself with a few basic electrical components, all they do is feed the servo controller the signal from 2 coils instead of 1, so it thinks the engine is spinning twice as fast as it really is.

The ignition can help a little, getting a rev limit feature is nice if you plan on flirting with the limiter frequently. I just went with a shift light stuck to the side of the speedo.

+1

Considering buying these for my Max - anyone had experience ?

I had the T Boost on mine but didn't care much for it.
It made the power delivery seem more linear but (IMHO) part of the attraction of the Max is the thrust you get at 6K when V Boost kicks in.

After a few plays I stopped using it and eventually gave it away.

I don't have any experience of the Dyna but would think that any benefit would be minimal on a standard motor.

If I had £300.00 to spend I'd be more inclined to put it towards Racetech springs and Gold Emulators and save some more pennies for rear shocks.

That would get you from A to B far quicker than T Boost and the Dyna.

Back