Harley makes my day!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of Harley riders and most are good fellows who love their HOG's and wouldn't be so arrogant as to take on a VMax. Besides, if all you want to do is just cruise around and you're not in any particular hurry, why not a HOG?

Blaine[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have a bunch of guys who own Harleys that i ride with, all good guys who are very realistic about the intended purpose of their bike. My cousin has a sweet Street Glide that I have ridden several times. Its like a lazy boy to ride and NOT made for speeds over 85. Talk about a chick magnet! However not always a good thing considering one's marital status. Every once in a while he asks me to switch so he can feel the power of the Vmax. He's an ex-sport biker. Whatever makes you happy you know.

Good story ! You can out run most of them. We did have a street glide in the shop the other day that we put a 113 stroker in & it made a 131 hp & 121 tourqe at teh rear wheel.

I saw that post the other week with the Harley with the Jim's motor in it running mid 10's. I don't really get it but it sure is a sleeper. If I were buying a bike like that I don't think I would set it up to race. Kind of like making a VMAX into a monster truck or perhaps an offshore power boat.

Wait a minuite! Sean do you think it would be possible?? I think I am on to something here.

Love it love it love it!
PS. Sell that Dunlop qualifryer and get something sticy back there!

We could chain drive (or belt) the vmax engine and shove it into one of them HD chassis'. That would surprise a lot of people. My father in law had one we picked up before he got the max. It was actually as fast as the stock max and never did open the engine to find out what had been done.

Sean

harley%20made%20in%20japan%20label.jpg

30-40 years ago the idea of a global economy was still in its baby steps. Today it is very easy to order off-shore and get a less expensive product in a short period of time. This is probably why Major League Baseball hats and jerseys are "Made in China".

Blaine

We could chain drive (or belt) the vmax engine and shove it into one of them HD chassis'. That would surprise a lot of people. My father in law had one we picked up before he got the max. It was actually as fast as the stock max and never did open the engine to find out what had been done.

Sean

Good point, Sean. This reminds me of when Kawasaki put its 900cc I4 Ninja engine into the Eliminator. That was a cool bike! Too bad Kawi and the other Jap brands didn't keep dropping their supersport engines into cruiser frames...Mr Max would have had some serious competition.

Blaine

I saw that post the other week with the Harley with the Jim's motor in it running mid 10's. I don't really get it but it sure is a sleeper. If I were buying a bike like that I don't think I would set it up to race. Kind of like making a VMAX into a monster truck or perhaps an offshore power boat.

Wait a minuite! Sean do you think it would be possible?? I think I am on to something here.
Yeah I dont quite undertsand it either that guy had a $ 14,000 dollar bill when we were done with his bike & thats just crazy to me.

Yeah I dont quite undertsand it either that guy had a $ 14,000 dollar bill when we were done with his bike & thats just crazy to me.

I think the formula for Harley HP mods is something like $1000.00 - wallet = 1 HP... Advantage= Vmax. 14K for some mods? Something tells me that Sean could get me into a higher HP range for about 1/14th the cost. Are the Vmax monkey and the Harley monkey related or are they a different species altogether?

I think the formula for Harley HP mods is something like $1000.00 - wallet = 1 HP... Advantage= Vmax. 14K for some mods? Something tells me that Sean could get me into a higher HP range for about 1/14th the cost. Are the Vmax monkey and the Harley monkey related or are they a different species altogether?
That Harley Monkey might be related he sure likes to spend money. we are steadily putting crap on peoples bikes.

I love it when they just turn off like that.
They are supposed to "Big bad ass bikers" but they don`t even have the balls to pull up after getting their asses whooped instead they run and hide like little children.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
So much for attitude LOL.
Great story and an even better kill.:biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping::punk:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I know several Harley riders from work, some tourbike riders, sportbike enthusiasts, and Harley clone owners. VMax-ers are right up there as the biggest spenders on aftermarket goodies I know, no offense.

Blaine

Not even the Vrod stands a chance against a Max. Supposedly the "hot hog" of the lineup, a bone stock Max will take it no problemo.

A M109R with a power commander and full exhaust though, is a force to be reckoned with, especially sporting a 240 rear tire. He gets me off the line every time. By the top of second I'm caught back up, and third pulling ahead, but it's a surprisingly close race. When I pull ahead, it's a slow walk, not a ferrari vs winnebago sort of thing. Top ends on our bikes are pretty close too...both in the 140-145 range. If there's a cruiser out there that gives mr.max a run for his money, this is it. In stock form the M109 presents a slight challenge but nothing too major, but after the PC box and exhaust....it got a lot closer.

Just remember that Harley is all about image. The riders are all show and no go. They look, talk, and act like a bad-ass, but when the rubber meets the road they're riding glorified, noisy, scooters. Seems a LOT of people equate noise level with power/speed.....why would straight pipes be so popular? Unfortunately, as it is with snowmobiles, loud simply doesn't equal fast. All bark, no bite. It's a one-way equation....most fast things are loud, but not all loud things are fast.

I'm liking this idea a lot there Rocko....if you don't pull cooling water from outside the boat, there's no reason why this craft couldn't be jumped, and jumped for considerable distances!!

Just think of the possibilities...................!!! :punk:

I think it'd be a challenge to find many vehicles built from the ground up using domestic-only parts and built in its native country. Labour and parts costs have resulted in many manufacturers (not just American) to go out-sourcing. You could argue that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are also not truly American since they each outsource for various components for their vehicles. In spite of this, my opinion is that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are American companies as is HD.

I know a lot of Harley riders and most are good fellows who love their HOG's and wouldn't be so arrogant as to take on a VMax. Besides, if all you want to do is just cruise around and you're not in any particular hurry, why not a HOG?

Blaine

Yeah, I have a couple guys I work with that ride HD's. One has a Street Bob and the other a Sportster w/ drag bars and a longer fork. I really like the Bob, too. We head to a bike night around KC once in a while.

I went to Taco Bell last eve on the Max. A couple of boys on Sportsters were there. They were coming back from watching the Cheifs at camp. We talked Cheifs:rofl_200:and bikes for thirty minutes. They said they had the same problem that I had with my bike. After 100 miles, you wish you were sitting on a roid donute. They were a couple of good boys. I say boys cause they were 1/2 my age.

It is too bad we have little GNP anymore. Pitiful, actually. Last I heard, Japan employees more car builders here than the original American companies. Now I seen Oblama has spent 500,000 mil on GM. They're building GM a new Plant... in Mexico. Chit, I don't think they have enough people down there to fill the plant. :confused2:

I'm liking this idea a lot there Rocko....if you don't pull cooling water from outside the boat, there's no reason why this craft couldn't be jumped, and jumped for considerable distances!!

Just think of the possibilities...................!!! :punk:

Wow Dan-O!!!! Another "epiphany" for me to contemplate! I will have to consult 85MAX-fan for the more technical aspects of such a concept. He is far more enlightened on topics of this nature than I. We should get started immediately!

Latest posts

Back