Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boa noite amigos; sou propriet?rio de uma Vmax 95, canadense; Brasileiro e espero aprender mais sobre a Vmax...
E que a l?ngua n?o seja nenhum empec?lio para o entendimento.
Abra?o a todos

Bem-vindo! Voc? encontrou o melhor site para todas as informa??es max v. Muitas pessoas bem informadas. Todo mundo vai te ajudar. Por favor, poste qualquer d?vida que possa ter.:punk:

Us Iowans are MULTIPLYING! :punk: Hopefully you won't be disappointed with the drop in power...although a ZX14 with those mods is probably down right insane. We are going to get some IA rides going this year...where abouts are you?

Check my recent acquisition. I've put ~75 miles on it thus far.

http://youtu.be/mLaPQPaqJcU

Edit: GLAD you are OK

Hey I saw that bike on Craigslist when I was looking u must be pretty close to me I'm near the quad cities in Iowa let me know about that ride I'm always up for one

Hello all. New to the site and to the V-max. I saved one from the scrap yard (and I do not mean salvage yard, I mean the shred and gone forever yard) a very good friend of mine has had this bike since new, and about 18 months ago he had a connecting rod cap come loose (at around 75mph) and pretty much wiped out the engine. Well, long story short, when he told me recently that he was going to recycle it, I asked what he wanted for the carcass, and I am now the proud owner of a slightly full trailer of V-max parts that I am hoping will be turned back into the two wheeled terror that it was.

Now, I am not going to just slap a rebuild into it. its about 90% torn down already, I am going to take it down to the bare frame to paint and refurb it. rebuild the engine, strip and repaint everything, I'm thinking flat black for anything.

Here she is.

WP_20130302_003.jpg

Its amazing how much less compact it is when its in pieces. :blink000:

Anyway, I am sure I will be here often and with many questions, I'm looking at this as at least a year long project, I'm not looking to cut corners or cheap out on it.

First, welcome to the site!!.......You will find all the info and help/encouragement right here, you have quite a project ahead of you!....Thank you for saving an awsome machine!.....be sure to post pics of your progress!...........I like the fact that it's a first year one owner bike, you know it's history going in, be sure to post the VIN in the "Oldest surviving V-max" thread, it's cool to see how many 85s are still around...........Good luck my friend!...............Tom.

Thanks! I have been prowling around the site for a few days and it looks like all the info I need is right here, I got a 98 engine case with pistons from ebay for $189 shipped and it looks to be in good shape. (later I will post some pictures of the original case and how it got wrecked.) now I just have to clean out my workshop so I have room to start on it.

Hey guys, new to the site. Live in beautiful Panama City beach Florida. Just purchase my 98 Vmax the other night, and I have to get her running right this weekend. runs on high idle but can't let off the choke as of now. Going to try one of the shotgun/peashooter techniques this weekend. Great to be here! So far all far all of my questions have been answered without even having to ask, which is a sign of a good forum.

Hey guys, new to the site. Live in beautiful Panama City beach Florida. Just purchase my 98 Vmax the other night, and I have to get her running right this weekend. runs on high idle but can't let off the choke as of now. Going to try one of the shotgun/peashooter techniques this weekend. Great to be here! So far all far all of my questions have been answered without even having to ask, which is a sign of a good forum.

Another rider in FL, welcome!

When you first come by this forum its a good forum, then you find out it is one of the greatest, and lastly a little further down the road you realize that nothing else even comes close. :clapping:

Another rider in FL, welcome!

When you first come by this forum its a good forum, then you find out it is one of the greatest, and lastly a little further down the road you realize that nothing else even comes close. :clapping:

Well, so far I have found plenty to do to my new bike. My poor R6 and Challenger might get neglected for a little while. Haha

Well, so far I have found plenty to do to my new bike. My poor R6 and Challenger might get neglected for a little while. Haha

Yeah, once you get your new bike to where you want it based on your current ideas that will only be the start. You will get a TON of ideas for new modifications based on what others have done on the forum. I don't think there is an end, at least not one that I can find. I haven't been around here long but some of the most senior guys can't seem to find the end either. Just some angry mod monkey wreaking havoc in VMAX garages and wallets nationwide.

Hi all, new to the forum and to the V-max. Recently purchased an 07 with a few mods done hoping to do a few more. I want to thank everyone for all the great info and advice on this site.

Welcome to VMF. Enjoy the ride and the rush....

Hi all, new to the forum and to the V-max. Recently purchased an 07 with a few mods done hoping to do a few more. I want to thank everyone for all the great info and advice on this site.

Hey all....New here and a new V-Max owner. Wanted one for many years (and that's something from a former Harley owner!), and now I finally have one. It's a 1993 and is a fixer upper. Been sitting around in someone's shop for several years and has some issues. That's why I'm here. Hopefully I might be able to get some help here....Don't know much about Japanese bikes! I'll get some pics and stuff up as I can.
But here's my first question: When I turn the ignition on, it dumps fuel like crazy into the carbs and it comes out of these two tube things that come up on the side of the intake. I still need to get a manual and a few other things before I can really start working on it and getting it cleaned up. Just figured I might throw that out there and see what comes up.
Glad y'all are here and looking forward to being part of this and being a Vmax owner for a long time to come. I've already had several offers on the bike but she is not for sale.....She is going to be restored and ridden til I can't ride anymore! Take care and keep it between the lines y'all!

Hi gang, my name is George and I'm from the Vegas area. I just bought my first V Max today! I bought a 05. Ive been a wing rider for the past , well too many years. I look forward to the change in rides.

Hi all

I have been a forum member for a while, but participated very little. I have an 88' project bike - I just put the carbs back on this morning and took it for a short ride around the neighborhood today. It needs a lot of work, some mechanical and mostly cosmetic.

Welcome TXREBELSON- I'm no expert, but it sounds like a stuck float...maybe 4! There are 4 vent tubes, one for each carb. Most likely if it has been sitting for a long time you will have to clean the carbs out. My bike sat for ~ a year and I had to clean mine (and that was with stabil in the fuel.)

Brad

Latest posts

Back