Vmax color photo album

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That has a strong style resemblance to a Harley-Davidson 'batwing' fairing. I had a Shoei fairing a bit smaller than that on a Honda CB750F, it was a fork-mount. I didn't like the way it handled at higher speeds so it came-off. The handling improved greatly with it off, though about town it wasn't as-much of a factor.

Here's my 85 basket case, got it in 2012. It hadn't been run since 94, rear rotor rusted to the(no lining) pads .
Im curious now and will check the color code this weekend. It is a stock color, looks more like a bluish/Turquoise.

Attachments

• 1b.png
    1b.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
A 1993. Ten thousand miles. Serviced by me, ready for a new owner.VMax Intracoastal left side.jpeg VMax Intracoastal right side.jpeg VMax tank.jpeg

Looks really clean and original!
Low miles for 25 years old. Is this the one that got a carb soaking recently?

Yes it is that one. I had to replace the gas tank, after it fouled the carbs repeatedly. I installed a sintered-bronze replaceable/cleanable gas filter too, and that took-care of the carbs.

It just needs detailing now, the mechancials are squared-away. This would be a good bike for someone who doesn't have the mechanical skills to do much, but who would be willing to spend the time to polish and to touch-up pieces. The clear-coat has lifted in places, so some paint remover to strip the lacquer, a bit of polishing and another clear-coat of lacquer, and it would look like it's just-off the showroom floor. It still has the full toolkit under the seat.

It appears that a prior owner drilled-out the stock megaphone end caps, and perhaps drilled some holes beneath it, and then used big-head aluminum rivets to re-fasten the chrome plates to the ends of the megaphones. It has a bit-louder 'rumble,' but it definitely isn't in the category of "aurally-irresponsible." Stone-stock, other than that. It runs well, rides well, idles nicely, and has no hesitation on throttling-up. The VBoost works as-intended, and with two new Shinkos and a new battery, and the carbs cleaned, brakes and clutch serviced/replaced where needed, fluids changed and bled, it's time for a new owner's butt in the seat.

I wish it showed the color better but this is my "maroon" '86 I have owned since '88. In the middle of restoring the old girl to her former glory... man I love this bike. I still grin every time I start it up.

Attachments

• 20170927_183948.jpg
    20170927_183948.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 25
I wish it showed the color better but this is my "maroon" '86 I have owned since '88. In the middle of restoring the old girl to her former glory... man I love this bike. I still grin every time I start it up.

Don't be shy about posting, you need to post some of the things you have done to it, maintenance, improvements, trips, experiences... two posts in 3 years, you have room for more contributions to the group knowledge.

Hi Guys...recently purchased this 99 Vmax...does anyone know this bike?
Purchased from Slough area UK.Its had a few updates and any history would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 20181127_141502.jpg
    20181127_141502.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 30
I've owned this '92 for twenty-six years in '19. I bought it from the Ft. Lauderdale Yamaha dealer where a friend of mine was a salesman, and as a retirement present.

I posted this seven years-ago, but thought it would look good now, too.
ice cream.jpg

Last edited:
I love seeing the old VMax's. I fell in love when they first came out. And, my retirement present to myself in 2016 was a new 2015 Max. Ride on everyone.!!

My 94 "Strafer" is Gone, Traded for a new Master Bathroom Bathroom.
Still have my 89 "SkullDuggary but For Sale. Anyone who remembers,
it has engine mods, has run perfect for years with No Issues and a
very fast Gen 1... $2600.00 For many more details 727 422 0021 Dave
If no answer leave a Detailed Message with number and time and location
to call back. I'm in Florida. Many spare parts to be sold separately, call...

Attachments

• StraferLeft.JPG
    StraferLeft.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170503_115740.jpg
    20170503_115740.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 15
Dave, sounds like you're bailing-out of the VMax scene. Sorry to hear that.

Anyone looking for a great deal on a well-maintained bike, this is a screaming deal at an asking price of $2,600.

Dave, sounds like you're bailing-out of the VMax scene. Sorry to hear that.

Anyone looking for a great deal on a well-maintained bike, this is a screaming deal at an asking price of $2,600.
After Back Surgery, Neurosurgeon I will be riding at a huge risk.. Gotta sell the Harley Sportster too... Sad Day....

Some of my Parts Listed are still left and many more are Available, I am selling All My VMax Parts at a Negociable Discount
from the original prices Listed.
Contact Me to see if I have something you are looking for...Text or Call at 727-422-0021------ 1/11/19...

Last edited:
Back