V-Max trike...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/21713/May/91279/

To each their own I guess. Personally that would be a dagger in my Vmax's heart.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

The only reason I would consider something like this or a sidecar would be physical problems or old age making it difficult to hold up the bike. Since I am 69 that is something I have to think about in the future. :bang head:

If that doesn't fit you guys what about this one built by the same fellow maxxer?... And he just got another max to work on, wonder what will come from that...

420803_345075168915617_1023499742_n.jpg

The only reason I would consider something like this or a sidecar would be physical problems or old age making it difficult to hold up the bike. Since I am 69 that is something I have to think about in the future. :bang head:

This is what I was thinking. I still much prefer the look of the two tires in the back though. I do like that tail section though.

I've thought about that for some time now. Maybe a Goldwing trike, or even one of those Can-Am Spider thingees, providing they are equipped with a reverse gear- not sure if they are.
But for the time being, I've recently discovered that one ALEVE pill, popped prior to a ride, works wonders.
Better living through chemistry!:punk:
Cheers!

I guess it is a surefire way to fix the low speed wobble many people have. It is a neat concept but still rather be on two wheels, putting on > 1k miles on the Vmax in the last week through constant curves only further reinforced that for me. We may not have the greatest handling bike, but it is still fun running through the twisties!

I've thought about that for some time now. Maybe a Goldwing trike, or even one of those Can-Am Spider thingees, providing they are equipped with a reverse gear- not sure if they are.
But for the time being, I've recently discovered that one ALEVE pill, popped prior to a ride, works wonders.
Better living through chemistry!:punk:
Cheers!

The can-am does have a reverse. It is in place of what would be sixth gear. Only reason I know this is because someone told me that the rotax engine used is a two stroke. Being a two stroke lover, I HAD to find out.

Its a four stroke, as I suspected:hammer bash:

In HIGH school I had this dream of converting an air cooled VW engine using cr or kx 500 jugs and pistons to do up a 2 liter 2 stroke engine and put it into a VW bus. Big fat pipes and all. Would have sounded insane. Oh-well. Had a bus and built a nice 2 liter with big valve heads, cam and dual Webber 40's. That fucker was quick (for a bus). Eventually it got too rusty to trust driving it anymore. Sold the engine and trans (rancho freeway flier), gutted the interior and turned it into our chicken coop. Ripped my heart out gutting it. Was a nice westfalia camper that I actually lived in for 2 years while traveling in the carnival. Ahh, the good old days.

IMO, The final version of the trike turned out pretty nice.

*NSFW*

Attachments

• stevetrike.jpg
    stevetrike.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
Sorry about that. Totally off topic.

Not at all, this forum is pretty free flowing, we love a good story here!

The chicken coop comment reminded me of a scene in an old texas desert road trip movie called "Fandango" with a very young Kevin Costner, Emilio Estevez and a few others where they went sky diving, the stoned to the gills pilot had to sweep all the chickens out of his Cessna before taking off.
Pretty good movie I thought, brings back warm memories of younger days.

They filmed parts of it in and around my hometown of Pecos, we knew a movie crew was in town, but no one knew who the heck Costner was back then.

Latest posts

Back