What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say my fuel guage, then frame braces, solid mounts, oh and the venture gears and final drive, HID too . That Kerker sure sounds good. Busa forks, discs and clamps help too. A bigger tank (4.7 gal) is nice. Don't forget the Oil Press Gg, super important on the max. Do love the Ignitech, I have yet to explore its potential, bike runs great now.....the mod monkeys due back this fall.

Attachments

• 20150816_134237.jpg
    20150816_134237.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 47
COPS stand for Coil On Plugs. Add on COPS is STRICTLY a gen 1 thing. The Gen 2 Vmax has them standard.

Thank you for explaining that. Not sure what the others are having their fun about, oh wait I bet it is the size of my fonts. Sorry if that is it but my vision isn't the best.

For me:
1. Seat - I could only ride 50 miles or so on the stock seat before my legs and A$$ went numb, now I can ride for hours without issue.

2. Shinko TM 230 rear tire and Bridgestone Battlax BT-45V tire combo - that's the best combo I have ver used and I can easily stay with or even in front of most guys that have radials.

3. Progressive Fork Springs - The difference from stock is Amazing. No more brake dive, now I can actually tell what's in my mirrors at highway speeds and they tighten up great in the twisties.

4. Frame Braces - Again the difference in stability in the twisties is Amazing !!!

I agree on the seat, I had every one of my Vmax's seat modified. Like you said I couldn't ride 30-50 miles before everything started to go numb.

When you do your seat mod, do you mind if I ask you who did it?

If my brother bought a used Gen 1 VMAX I would suggest he get Progressive fork springs along with shocks lower it one inch with Race Tech emulators a set of EBC HH pads some Tour Masters for grip if he had some money left i would tell him he needed one of Seans seats drag bars solid motor mounts and after that you have a safe bike to ride and build on just me

If my brother bought a used Gen 1 VMAX I would suggest he get Progressive fork springs along with shocks lower it one inch with Race Tech emulators a set of EBC HH pads some Tour Masters for grip if he had some money left i would tell him he needed one of Seans seats drag bars solid motor mounts and after that you have a safe bike to ride and build on just me

The parts that you suggest, are they made for the Gen 2 as well? If so would they do the same thing for a gen 2 that you said they do for a gen 1

The parts that you suggest, are they made for the Gen 2 as well? If so would they do the same thing for a gen 2 that you said they do for a gen 1

if i had a Gen 2 I think I would do the 240 rear tire and tail tidy just for looks and ride that badboy

if i had a Gen 2 I think I would do the 240 rear tire and tail tidy just for looks and ride that badboy

At first I was going with the wider tire but decided to not go for that. The only thing it does is add a badass look.
Other than looks it doesn't do anything in the performance so Like I said I decided not to go with the larger back tire ( It does look good )

Someday I may consider the wider rear tire. Those are the mods you have to really want. When I bought my 2015 in April it had about 50% tire wear left so I ordered a set of new stock size tires so when they wear out I will most likely go up to the 240 rear tire.

I will need to read about the 240 compared tot he 200 I have on it now and a replacement just waiting for when the one on the bike wears out., it is as easy as removing the back tire and reinstall with a 240 tire I might think about doing it.

I really like this look,

nofender.jpg

And this look also

fat.jpg

Best Vmax mod I ever did was jacking up the Gen 1 radiator cap and riding a Gen 2 under it and reinstalling. :biglaugh:

I agree on the seat, I had every one of my Vmax's seat modified. Like you said I couldn't ride 30-50 miles before everything started to go numb.

When you do your seat mod, do you mind if I ask you who did it?
I did it myself back in 2002 or so.
I used info from this site:
http://v4musclebike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14719
And here's a good guide too:
http://v4musclebike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14719

Here's what the OEM shaped seat looks like vs. my reshaped seat:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 122
I've had to have every Vmax seat I ever owned modified ( reshaped ) Just the other day I saw a seat by Corbin and it was different than the one they made for many years this one was just the drivers seat and it had the same look that the vmax seats have so that peaked my curiosity so someday I might have to try it out.

By the time I am done with this 2015 I will have about 4-5 different seats to use on it and give it a good test so for once I will know which one feels best to me.

I have used Sean to do my last few seats, I never asked him who does his seats, it really doesn't matter to me. besides the Corbin I mentioned if the maxgasser ever come back in to production I will consider getting one of those too everything I hear about them is positive. There has been some misunderstanding and some mean words tossed back and forth during a few fights but although I never once said I would buy one of his seat, he heard from somewhere he claims it was me that I bad mouthed his seat, I never did cause I never had one to compare.

I decided to was going to try my best to mend all the bridges I burnt over the years and for the first time I will say if the
maxgasser starts production again and it is for a gen 2, I will buy one.

I have to find used seats to use as a core exchange I don't want to send in my stock seat so every time I buy a seat from now on I will either paid the price for a seat without a exchange core or hopefully find a used seat to use as my exchange.

By far the seat is the best and the mos needed mod that any Vmax really needed in my opinion.

LOL best mod for a vmax depends on how deep you pockets are and how thick you bank roll is. All I know if the zx14 and busa was out when I started they would be my 1st choice.

The weight loss is substantial with a full system. Of course the little lady on the back negates that. It reminds me of the time I lightened up my bike by 125 lbs, in one day.
Steve-o

you guys talking the Corbin seat or Seans seat, or what..? i guess i wouldn't mind getting rid of the "pop up" part of the stock seat, even though it's kind of cool, I have had more trouble than not getting it to lock into place.. just looking at the Corbin seat, that's a sharp look, and easier to fill up with gas. also comes with the backrest... not as tall and big as the backrest/rack I have on my bike now (Previous Owner did the mod where you cut the metal back bar and squeeze in the backrest and mount the rack in the same holes, he provided an aluminum piece with 2 metal brackets to replace the setup in case I wanted to take it off.... wish he woulda kept the stock back bar thing... but I have utilized that backrest with bags/passengers).... so

anyways I'll get some pics loaded up here one of these days and we can take my bike moddin from there..

my butt hurts quick as well, so maybe an upgraded seat is the most important for me too, just don't know yet... so who has Corbin pros/cons? Sean's seat pros/cons? Be honest too, i'm sure he won't mind. prices for each? other options?

ok, corbin at their site is 450 for the seat, 250 for each backrest, which might be nice for me too, 1000 bucks just for a seat.. OMG! what the hell, who puts that kinda money into a 31yo bike..?...err...ahh...nevermind...don't answer that anyone... lol.

i HEAR YA 1967 Vmax.... Busa... pretty much all problems solved.... dangit.

I have parts and covers for two more MAXGASSERS, and I need cash for the vega so there will be two MAXGASSERS available, BUT it's take what I have no custom covers
One is black and gray the other I believe is all black.

First come first served, $500 shipped in the USA

I have parts and covers for two more MAXGASSERS, and I need cash for the vega so there will be two MAXGASSERS available, BUT it's take what I have no custom covers
One is black and gray the other I believe is all black.

First come first served, $500 shipped in the USA

Do you have pictures by chance or are there some already in another thread?

The maxgasser is for 1st generations I believe.

http://maxgasser.com/

Yeah after I posted I thought that he said ti was left over stuff so it must be gen 1, I am not sure he has even put any work into making Gen 2 seat. If he ever does I would be happy to see the design. I just ordered a seat from Sean, I'm thinking about buying the Corbin seat, Only way to know how they work is to try them.

Yeah after I posted I thought that he said ti was left over stuff so it must be gen 1, I am not sure he has even put any work into making Gen 2 seat. If he ever does I would be happy to see the design. I just ordered a seat from Sean, I'm thinking about buying the Corbin seat, Only way to know how they work is to try them.

Here is the post where Twistedmax showed you the gen 2 seat that he had for sale. It is cutdown as well.

http://vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=439638&postcount=16

Here is the post where Twistedmax showed you the gen 2 seat that he had for sale. It is cutdown as well.

http://vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=439638&postcount=16

Thanks Eric, but that was a stock UNCUT Gen II seat . At one point I believe Ron was looking for a stock seat , perhaps to modify himself so I posted that one.

BUT Ron thinks I'm a immature fucking asshole troll as he stated after I let him know I had some MAXRELAXERS ready to sell.

Even though the addition of MAXRELAXERS would benefit him as much or more then a cut down seat , he's wasn't interested , again because I'm an immature fucking asshole troll

With that said , for anyone ( other than Ron) looking for extra comfort or extra foot to ground room for their Gen II , I have a few sets of MAXRELAXERS left and I would be willing to cut down the Gen II stock seat. I've done probably 10-12 of them on exchange but since I'm getting away from it I'd modify this and sell it outright.

I can get about an inch and a half out of it.

Latest posts

Back