144 mph in a 55!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio this am some guy in Westchester County NY got a ticket for 144 in a 55!!

Can't be the first new Max to arrive---they won't go that fast!! :rofl_200:

Probably some crotch rocket punk.

Dan
VMOA #5127

My question is this: At 144mph, how in the world did the cops convince this bike to pull over? At that speed, you'd just rocket to the next exit and disappear into the scenery. Heck, it would go down so fast, the cops wouldn't even be able to get a chopper in the sky to join the chase by the time the bike had vanished.

I am speaking from experience here - several times...... Of course, that was years ago and the statute of limitations has run out...........

:biglaugh:

My question is this: At 144mph, how in the world did the cops convince this bike to pull over? At that speed, you'd just rocket to the next exit and disappear into the scenery. Heck, it would go down so fast, the cops wouldn't even be able to get a chopper in the sky to join the chase by the time the bike had vanished.

I am speaking from experience here - several times...... Of course, that was years ago and the statute of limitations has run out...........

Good question. Most would run, I think.

I assume a stop like that means instant jail time?

Got a bit of experience there also---excess of 100 in a 30. Ticket was issued based on a visual (as I saw no reason to stop) and delivered to me 3 days later. Judge threw it out, reasoning..."If he was going that fast, there was no way you (the police man) got an accurate description of the bike!"

Course, that was in another lifetime.

Don't understand how they actually got this guy stopped--same thing the radio guys said.

Latest posts

Back