High beams/brights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Hey all,

Remember that for safety reasons you should be running with your high beams on during the day time. It makes you a ton more visible.

I've ridden with quite a few bikers in the last few weeks and I see a lot of them not doing this.

Another great tip for bikers is to use hand signals. I use them almost all the time now. I have smaller blinkers on both of my bikes but even if they were stock I would use them. N.Q.A.

Just trying to help save lives!:thumbs up:

Ride Safe!
Chris

Yeah I should start using hand signals too. One of the reason I haven't changed my lollipops is because I don't want to go with the tiny custom directionals.
I want something LED that match the look of the VMAX.

Sorry guys, I'm not going to be using hand signals anytime soon! and a buddy of mine rode behind me one day with his brights on and made me see a bright spot the rest of the day!!

I just ride offensive and stay ahead of the dumbasses. Later.

Has anyone (with a stock Max headlight) ever had another driver flash their lights at you for running your high beam continuously at night? Ever?

Kinda funny, but I never EVER had anyone seemingly notice...or at least complain. I left it on high day and night and just forgot about it.

Has anyone (with a stock Max headlight) ever had another driver flash their lights at you for running your high beam continuously at night? Ever?

Kinda funny, but I never EVER had anyone seemingly notice...or at least complain. I left it on high day and night and just forgot about it.

A couple of times. But I can't remember if it was before or after I installed the headlight relay. Getting old sucks!

Heh, I rode for over 100 miles yesterday and only about 15 of them did I have anybody right in front or behind me. (In our BIG city of 15,000!) It's that way most of the time I ride and not because we ride fast. I guess living in a rural area has it's advantages sometimes. :thumbs up: I would have rode for more but the rain and a cold NW wind off Lake Superior. This weather is crazy, last year at this time we were in the middle of a drought!

Yep, that's right, population of our "biggest city" in the eastern U.P. (Sault Ste Marie, Mi.) is only about 15,000.
Yikes, were shrinking!
"As of the 2000 census, the city's population was 16,542, declining to a population of 14,272 according to the 2006 census estimate."(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I constantly use a hand signal :biglaugh:

That may get their attention too! :biglaugh:

Take a look behind you at someone running low beams (especially on a Max) and then have them run high beams. WAY easier to see the H.B. bike IMO. You can drive as defensively as you want but that won't keep people from making left hand turns from the right lane or vice-versa or keep them from pulling out in front of you at the last moment because you weren't visible enough. My goal is to make me as visible as possible.

I'm even contemplating getting a hi-vis green jacket next time.:eusa_dance:

That may get their attention too! :biglaugh:

Take a look behind you at someone running low beams (especially on a Max) and then have them run high beams. WAY easier to see the H.B. bike IMO. You can drive as defensively as you want but that won't keep people from making left hand turns from the right lane or vice-versa or keep them from pulling out in front of you at the last moment because you weren't visible enough. My goal is to make me as visible as possible.

I'm even contemplating getting a hi-vis green jacket next time.:eusa_dance:
Anything that might make us more visible to that "left turner" is a good thing, IMO.

I have a black & red Joe Rocket jacket that was designed with hi-vis in mind but still looks good with my '99 carb. fiber, again, MO. Black leather is cool, no doubt, and gives great protection too----but it's also the color of the blacktop. :confused2:

Back