Hammering Burger King

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen a B'king for the first time yesterday at a local coffee shop/bike hangout. I really like it, nice lines to it, except the rear exhaust outlet area. Other than that, very nice bike.

Mike

Uh, no. It's not me. I'm still breaking mine in. I'll stay off the rev limiter for a while.

Yeah, the guy can ride a little. :worthy:
I read somewhere, the new max site I think, about a new break-in method. Wind it tight, right out of the dealership, stretching the rings to the max, which is supposed to seat them better, eliminate blow by later on and provide a longer engine life.

This makes sense from a machinists point of view, but personally, I just wouldn't be able to do that to a brand new bike. Hell, I don't even do that to my '99.

Sounds like you decided not to use that break-in method either.

I read somewhere, the new max site I think, about a new break-in method. Wind it tight, right out of the dealership, stretching the rings to the max, which is supposed to seat them better, eliminate blow by later on and provide a longer engine life.

This makes sense from a machinists point of view, but personally, I just wouldn't be able to do that to a brand new bike. Hell, I don't even do that to my '99.

It was outlined here by 4Gasem.... maybe he can find the thread for you... I'm too lazy! LOL...:biglaugh:

It was outlined here by 4Gasem.... maybe he can find the thread for you... I'm too lazy! LOL...:biglaugh:

www.mototuneusa.com

My Max was broken in this way and my new G8 will be as well...:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back