Total eclipse when I fart!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Brad

Reaction score
Came home from work to check out the eclipse with the family. My house is something like 20 miles out of the complete totality or whatnot. It was pretty sweet we had the song "total eclipse of the heart" playing at one point. It wasnt till after i thought that dark side of the moon would have been fitting as well. Crazy how much the temperature dropped, I was hoping it would get darker but I guess I should have drove north to get that effect.
Anybody get the full meal deal where you could look at it with no glasses during totality?
I-5 south is a parking lot rite now filled with all the Californians heading home.
4b031d6fb4e5e75331f689e86379d212.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I'm in Cumming GA. Didn't want to drive to see the full deal. We went low tech with a pin-hole viewer. It was still pretty cool.

My college where I teach had hundreds of students and community members around the planetarium, they had several telescopes set up. I used my galaxy S7 edge phone to take this pic thru the telescope. Strictly amateur shot. The dark spot is supposed to be a sunspot.

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 33
My college where I teach had hundreds of students and community members around the planetarium, they had several telescopes set up. I used my galaxy S7 edge phone to take this pic thru the telescope. Strictly amateur shot. The dark spot is supposed to be a sunspot.
Actually captured it pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I got a peak from the beach. A woman there had made a viewer that worked well. It wasn't total here, but still pretty cool. I tried my welding helmet it wasn't as good as the box at the beach.

95% here in Bozeman, MT. Temperature change went from 78 to 67 degrees!
382b87f14f2af98d559924f81c39bb7e.jpg
7f54f4619bfd2fbbb0b14d0a158c2237.jpg
9b782b35d48cb6929fb143ed534f3974.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Didn't nowhere's near that dark out here!
Kind of like a really dark cloud came over us.
I did however, get to see a bunch of adults empty their cereal boxes to make those things to look at it!
They all had those huge cell phones or I pads they could have used.
Comical.

We were down in NC visiting my BIL before the air force sends him out to an "undisclosed location"

My wife was all about finding some eclipse glasses. We wasted a lot of time trying to find some.

At one point, we were in the parking lot of Lowe's and all these people were looking up at the sky. There was a big cloud covering the sun but you could see the eclipse pretty well. Once the cloud moved, it was too bright to see without specialty equipment.

We drove up the road a bit and as it got darker, we decided to pull off and check it out. We made our own eclipse glasses out of a pair of glasses for a tanning bed plus 2 sets of regular sunglasses. Worked pretty good!

I'm only about 30 minutes south of Clemson SC. I work in a rock quarry, had to shut down the plant when totality took effect, so I got to watch it without the glasses. Had to put glasses back on after the 2 minutes, but it was very cool.

I was surprised how much the temperature dropped and how fast it went dark. Two minutes eclipse time in Salem.

Did not get totality, but it was pretty cool to see.. Got some shots from the Nikon semi automatic and my camcorder. The two screen shots were taken from the camcorder's video. Used a solar filter from my telescope so I did not blind myself or mess up the the cams sensors.

DSCN3930.jpg DSCN3935.jpg sunspot.jpg

sunspot2.jpg S1240014.jpg S1240016.jpg

S1240020.jpg S1240026.jpg

Latest posts

Back