What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy a Mark's exhaust and you will turn more heads than ever! :drool: Those trips through the parking garage will have the local building's alarms going off, not just cars! :punk:
Only thing is you will no longer be able to sneak up on ANYONE if you install the Mark's!:biglaugh:

This is very true Brian. I got my Mark's 14" cans w/2" baffle today, black ceramic. Installed it and went for a cruise thru town. I was not prepared for the reaction....everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, (about 10 - 12 people) at the ice cream stand turned around to see what the hell was going by!! That is one mean sounding system!! To me it sounds like a big block modified!

The install went smoothly everything fit together very well, I'm real happy with this system. She's running a touch lean so I'll shim the needles in the am and see what that does.

I'll also post up a couple pics

danny

I scraped a speed bump today (no damage) so I decided to learn about my shocks. Adjusted the preload from 1 to 4 and yay! no more scrape. The rides a bit rougher but I like it :)

Also ordered me a Flanders drag bar part# 650-04091

I scraped a speed bump today (no damage) so I decided to learn about my shocks. Adjusted the preload from 1 to 4 and yay! no more scrape. The rides a bit rougher but I like it :)

Also ordered me a Flanders drag bar part# 650-04091

dude! can u cancel the order? i'll sell them to u wicked cheap, i have a pair! mint condition!

Re: new shift light and bracket & upper shock bolts

Finaly got them to my house and installed. BTW Dale walker Pipes sound the best IMO......:biglaugh:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
I`ll drink to that:eusa_dance:
Dave:punk:

This is very true Brian. I got my Mark's 14" cans w/2" baffle today, black ceramic. Installed it and went for a cruise thru town. I was not prepared for the reaction....everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, (about 10 - 12 people) at the ice cream stand turned around to see what the hell was going by!! That is one mean sounding system!! To me it sounds like a big block modified!

The install went smoothly everything fit together very well, I'm real happy with this system. She's running a touch lean so I'll shim the needles in the am and see what that does.

I'll also post up a couple pics

danny
Excellent Danny! I knew you would like 'em, they are great sounding for sure.:punk:

Hey Gamorg send me a PM if it ends up not working out with Caleb - I want to try something other than the stocker...

Hey Gamorg send me a PM if it ends up not working out with Caleb - I want to try something other than the stocker...

looks like he should be able to cancel, but if not, i'll let ya know dave.

The shift light cover I have on the light is the clear one that came with the Raptor shift light.

looks like he should be able to cancel, but if not, i'll let ya know dave.

Stick me in line after Dave.....maybe. I bought a set of superbike bars from Sean, and I like them but I think I still want straighter bars than these are.

Remember guys that Mondak sells all this stuff and gives us a great deal. I just bought a new Flanders powder coated black and it was like 70 bucks I think. Which was about 20 or 30 less than I paid 3 years ago for it at J&P.

Chris

The shift light cover I have on the light is the clear one that came with the Raptor shift light.

what is the OD of the shift light? maybe i'll just call raptor and see if i can buy a cap.

Stick me in line after Dave.....maybe. I bought a set of superbike bars from Sean, and I like them but I think I still want straighter bars than these are.

will do.

Remember guys that Mondak sells all this stuff and gives us a great deal. I just bought a new Flanders powder coated black and it was like 70 bucks I think. Which was about 20 or 30 less than I paid 3 years ago for it at J&P.

Chris

good point, but i'm going to ask a lot less than that.

what is the OD of the shift light? maybe i'll just call raptor and see if i can buy a cap.

will do.

good point, but i'm going to ask a lot less than that.

Garrett, just a update on my Harlan shiftlight and it waterproofness; I recently had my windshield off for a while and was caught in the rain and have washed with the garden hose and no problems. Let me know if you are successful in getting the cover.

Garrett, just a update on my Harlan shiftlight and it waterproofness; I recently had my windshield off for a while and was caught in the rain and have washed with the garden hose and no problems. Let me know if you are successful in getting the cover.

figures. i'll have to see what OD a raptor is. i have a feeling its a 3/4" tho

I know it's smaller but maybe could be stretched to fit/ work? I'd check with Tom @ COO as he a Raptor vendor and also makes a custom bracket for them. Maybe he has a few covers laying around he might sell.:confused2:

I know it's smaller but maybe could be stretched to fit/ work? I'd check with Tom @ COO as he a Raptor vendor and also makes a custom bracket for them. Maybe he has a few covers laying around he might sell.:confused2:

Thats what my set up is. I bought it from COO. The bracket fits in there very nicely. The angle could be a little better but I shimed it were I liked it.

Thats what my set up is. I bought it from COO. The bracket fits in there very nicely. The angle could be a little better but I shimed it were I liked it.
I had Tom make a custom mount for my Harlan light based on the raptor mount. I didn't like the angle that it set the shift light at so I filed a angle on the bracket where it mounts to the speedometer bolt. It now is at a much better angle and in line with the speedometer.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
Back