5.75 Daymaker LED conversion.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I've been thinking of putting one of the Amazon clones into the stock headlight bucket on my 85. Question is, will it fit with little or no modification to the light or bucket. I'm happy with the H4 I have in there, but like the look, and reliability of LED.

Anyone do this, and how much of a pain was it?

Yeah, you're right.. Have to get the Headlight Shrinker fired up to get it to fit... Oh well..

Bill, I bought these. It works pretty good.
I want to change the mounting brackets for the head lamp tho.
61EEle3dcUL._SL1378_.jpg

81jmjPYtn3L._SL1500_.jpg

I like the looks of a 7" bucket on a VMax. It looks more-in-line with the size of the bike. Yamaha copied the Sportster look there, I think, but they left-out the 'eyebrow.' Since the Sportster has been made since 1957, before most of the forum's members were born (I bet) it certainly is a recognizable part of the overall design. It was designed to be slim & trim.

Ever use a bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce? You know the shape of the bottle? Like a small funnel on-top of a larger one, and thee red plastic top? The industrial design firm that did that design also was responsible for some great motorcycle designs. It was GK Design.
http://www.gk-design.co.jp/en/gk_group/history.html

Some interesting Yamaha history: http://classicyams.com/yamaha-history/gk-design/yamaha-motorcycle-design.html

I was always disappointed w/the small headlamp for night riding, not anymore.

I've been thinking of putting one of the Amazon clones into the stock headlight bucket on my 85. Question is, will it fit with little or no modification to the light or bucket. I'm happy with the H4 I have in there, but like the look, and reliability of LED.

Anyone do this, and how much of a pain was it?

Did you try that day-maker? I have been looking at one myself, but was just looking the forum over for a headlight thread lol,,,, with pics... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back