Anyone tried this 5.75" LED

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when did you add a Fatmax fairing? How is the output on that?

I'm debating on something like your old over/under setup or a street fighter style light.

The $20 led bulb on amazon with the fan on the heatsink is awesome, the 3000 lumen cree chips are crazy bright in the 7" housing I installed that has integrated led signals. The stock bulb that comes with the housing is super anemic but if you junk it for the led you're still only $40 into trying it out.

What front end do you have on your max? And trees custom?

Stick to an LED 48watt canbus unit price £21 on eBay fits like a dream and does the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with a double relay harness wired to the battery. Digi-sync provided the harness. That alone would make a stock bulb light up much better.It will eliminate the voltage drop through the OEM harness and switch. I got a 100 watt low beam bulb from Sean,, and it lights up the road like never before. It's adjusted properly, but cagers sometimes flash me thinking I'm running high beam. The 140 watt high beam I use more in day light, to be seen easier. I can run 75 mph without out driving my headlight. The only thing I might do is upgrade to a steel bucket. Deeper would be better to accommodate the relays and original wiring. Though everything did fit. Riding at night is no longer an issue.
Steve-o

I use a set of Eastern Beaver headlight relays, with a home made harness. I figure the whole deal cost me about $30.00 or thereabouts. Took maybe an hour to solder up the harness. Previously, when things were stock, the voltage to run the headlight had to wind its way through the wiring harness, then go through the handlebar hi/lo switch to get to the bulb. There was at least a 1.5 volt drop by the time it got to the bulb.. I never liked having the high amps running through those little connectors in the switch, which kept me from getting one of those monster bright H4 bulbs. However, with relays, you are running the bulb directly from the battery, through (in my case) 10 gauge wiring, right through a ceramic connector to bulb. All the hi/lo switch on the handlebar does now is trigger the relays. Put a fuse holder inline from the battery to the light, and use heavy wiring and a ceramic bulb socket, and you could easily run a high watt bulb. This information is based on the supposition that your charging system is up to snuff, and you have a good battery. I'm running a RMStator high-output Venture Royale stator, hard wired to a Shindengen SH775 Series regulator, all directly wired with 10 gauge wires directly to battery. Even with a stock H4 bulb, the headlight on this bike is amazingly blindingly bright.

If you do one of these LED conversions, or one of the HID setups, and you have a problem, you're stuck till the sun comes up. H4 bulbs are available everywhere, and I'll put the light output of my bike up against any of the LED or HID setups.

Nope, sorry, you're very wrong. My 40W LED light bulb is so much brighter and better than any halogen you can put up against it! On the low beam, I can see much further now and the light illuminates everything on both sides of the road. Trust me, you can't beat an LED!!! LOL

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nope, sorry, you're very wrong. My 40W LED light bulb is so much brighter and better than any halogen you can put up against it! On the low beam, I can see much further now and the light illuminates everything on both sides of the road. Trust me, you can't beat an LED!!! LOL

And that"s a fact. Can fouche for that. Led is super

Pics? I take it you've seen all the Halogen upgrades?
I rode behind Mike last summer in NY, AND HIS led was awesome. I was running a 90 watt low beam, but it was ineffective with fqactory wiring. I'd compare the 100 watt Halogen with relays, and see it as equal if not throwing the beam a bit farther ahead.
Steve

Dude, no matter what kind of halogen light bulb or bulbs your running, my 40W LED is going to be better. You just can't beat the super white light that an LED puts out. The package that my LED light bulb came in, stated that it would be atleast 300% brighter than any H4 halogen bulb. Trust me, whenever I still had my 65W halogen bulb on my bike, I was very uncomfortable riding it at night. Now, it's so much easier to see everything and much safer to.

I'd have to see that to believe it. I'm well aware that CREE emitters are crazy bright, and the new LED bulbs do draw less power for a lot of light. But after I did the mods on the charging system, and relayed the headlamp, I was stunned by the amount of light it put out.. So impressed, I immediately bought parts to make another relay harness for my 2002 Roadstar. Same result. Intensely bright lighting. Bring it out to Thunder, we can have that Headlight Shootout I suggested earlier.

Latest posts

Back