Buyer beware

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc85

Reaction score
I ordered a fender and tank lid from these guys and did not bother unboxing it until I took it to my painter in these winter months, both parts were damaged.

The fender was cracked around the mounting hole. After we lightly sanded the top side which appeared to have an rtp coating on it we saw the crack was all the way through.

The fiberglass tank lid had cracks and a small hole on it near one of the corners.

I also ordered the stainless bolt kit for the engine covers, it is missing two shorter bolts for the water pump cover and I appear to have two longer bolts that I cannot identify where they go.

Check your parts immediately from these guys!

I think if you contact them they should warranty the parts. They have been on the forum a long time and have a good reputation. I have not had any transactions w/them. Take some pics w/clarity & close-up to see the defects. Contact them and I bet you get it addressed.

I haven't uawd them much, but I always get good service from sellera and vendora from thia forum. Seriously, some of the best stories about excellent service originate from here.
Give them a chance to make it right!

I have ordered a shorty fender from Exactreps & numerous other items & waiting on some parts from them now. They are great to work with & never had a problem with them. I always insure the deliveries because of such a long trip from Europe. The only neg would be it takes a long time for delivery, but I know that in advance. I would definitely let them know & see if they can correct the problem. They are pretty good at responding by email with me.

I have ordered a shorty fender from Exactreps & numerous other items & waiting on some parts from them now. They are great to work with & never had a problem with them. I always insure the deliveries because of such a long trip from Europe. The only neg would be it takes a long time for delivery, but I know that in advance. I would definitely let them know & see if they can correct the problem. They are pretty good at responding by email with me.

Never a problem with Harry....would be very surprised if he doesn't set this right.

I tried, even sent 16mp photos, they said they couldn't make it out and wouldn't warranty it since I ordered it over the summer. Not trusting them anymore, which is a bummer because there are a lot of expensive parts I'd like to order from them in the future.

Your only mistake was not opening the box on its arrival. This is a shipping claim . The manufacturer has a limited time to make a claim against the shipping company. This is not an exclusive Exactrep issue, as this pertains to ALL shipping / postage / LTL freight , etc., companies.

The bolts I could see being a problem with the company. But the damaged parts? You didnt say if the box was damaged or not? If it was, its the shipping carriers problem. If the box is perfect, then its the company's problem.

In today's age its hard to order things online and expect hometown local service. People think because you can get online and talk to someone around the world in seconds that you should get parts in seconds, and that issues should be resolved in seconds. It doesn't work that way.

If you order something online and do not support your local businesses than expect harder customer service, or possibly no customer service. The companies are not reliant on you anymore, you bought a part or service and they have already moved on to the next paying customer. Its not like it used to be with customer service anymore.

It took me 4 denials and 8 months to get a claim finally processed with USPS and they didn't even refute that they did the damage.

Sean

Time is of the essence when dealing with shipped items, you have to check immediately, or as soon as possibly, upon receiving parts. I've had 3 shipments from Exactrep and the parts were all in great shape.

The bolts I could see being a problem with the company. But the damaged parts? You didnt say if the box was damaged or not? If it was, its the shipping carriers problem. If the box is perfect, then its the company's problem.

In today's age its hard to order things online and expect hometown local service. People think because you can get online and talk to someone around the world in seconds that you should get parts in seconds, and that issues should be resolved in seconds. It doesn't work that way.

If you order something online and do not support your local businesses than expect harder customer service, or possibly no customer service. The companies are not reliant on you anymore, you bought a part or service and they have already moved on to the next paying customer. Its not like it used to be with customer service anymore.
File a claim with the carrier that handled it.

Latest posts

Back