Carburetor idle circuit cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well there is a noticable boost when it opens and by watching the tach ,,,my '85 was dead on 6000 every time without fail ,,,but this one is erradic

Last edited:
well there is a noticable boost when it opens and by watching the tach ,,,my '85 was dead on 6000 every time without fail ,,,but this one is erradic

like revving it and watching it?

i never felt vboost until about 7k thats why i ask.

It starts opening slightly before 6K and isn't fully open until 8K.

Maybe its the sensor or something ,,,haven't had the time I thought I would today to tinker with it,,,servo is running its cycle when the key is turned on but when it does come on its late ,,,maybe vacuum ???:bang head:

Thanks for doing this Dennis. Its been a great help for everything that your doing.

Attachments

• Shooting the Shotgun - LvLHead.pdf
    950.3 KB · Views: 174
I've got a question. My carbs each have a hose running from where the drains screws are normally located up to a brass tube in air box at the carb mouth

Do the carbs have the black rubber hose pairs running to the sides of the front of the airbox?

Hey guys!. I've been using this site for too long now. So a donation and membership was in order. I do have a little input, and once the problem of overcoming the posting of pic's and such is overcome I hope to add some info of use. I do have a repair which was done to my 95 max. involving a method to restore adjustment to vmax idle mixture screws, which have unfortunately stripped the deeply recessed threads. just might save the price of a new carb. if pushed I might try a verbal explanation.

Hey guys!. I've been using this site for too long now. So a donation and membership was in order. I do have a little input, and once the problem of overcoming the posting of pic's and such is overcome I hope to add some info of use. I do have a repair which was done to my 95 max. involving a method to restore adjustment to vmax idle mixture screws, which have unfortunately stripped the deeply recessed threads. just might save the price of a new carb. if pushed I might try a verbal explanation.

That would be useful to many. If you help uploading photos, free to shoot me an email and I can upload them for you. My email is my user name but replace "yahoo" with "gmail"

Started on removing the stuck idle mixture screw tonight - drilled into it and tapped in a hex key - it doesn't want to move. So tomorrow night I will remove the diaphragm and subject the carb to some heat.
I did pull the mixture screw out of one of the other carbs - looks identical to the xj600 screws, so I have some spares.

Started on removing the stuck idle mixture screw tonight - drilled into it and tapped in a hex key - it doesn't want to move. So tomorrow night I will remove the diaphragm and subject the carb to some heat.
I did pull the mixture screw out of one of the other carbs - looks identical to the xj600 screws, so I have some spares.

I gave up on my stuck mixture screw recently before I ruined the carb body. Took it to a local shop that does EDM (electrical discharge machining). Cost me a little, but I am not always delicate enough on difficult extractions. Good luck with yours!

Latest posts

Back