Help identifying wicked wheel?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablo

Reaction score
I didnt do the conversion on my bike. I have found a number of tweaks and changes done by a previous owner but cant find any details about the rear wheel. Its marked as 'wicked wheels' but trying to search for it, at least in the uk, brings up anything but wheel manufacturers. Instead it throws up alloy wheel refurb, repair places that do car wheel refurbs, or masses of people saying my subaru wheels are wicked and the like. Put simply, i would like to know which company made the wheel, if they still exist and still do them (only because if they do/did a 17 rear, they might have done a 17 front and i havent talked myself out of that yet. I like the look, but i hate not knowing anything about it.

Anybody any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4835.jpg
    IMG_4835.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 82
I sell the RC Comps which offers a "Wicked" pattern but this is not the same wheel.

You giys did so much better than me at hunting them down. I was getting nowhere fast. Much as I like some of the stuff on there, I really like that mine (albeit a bit plain in comparison to those) is in keeping with the front wheel. Every time I see a max pic these days the first thing i check is the rear wheel. Starting to see this as a bit of a rarity (probably see around thirty in next half hour now). Seriously though, thanks for finding the right name. Seemed like google was determined to show me nothing in searches.

That's Exactrep if I'm not mistaken. It's a 17x4,5. As far as I know they do not make fronts.

That's Exactrep if I'm not mistaken. It's a 17x4,5. As far as I know they do not make fronts.

That would make the 'wild wheels' on the hub mean its more of a range name than actual manufacturer. You are right that its a 17x4.5
Been on exactreps site quite a bit, never seen it so am guessing its a discontinued option if it is one of theirs.

Awesome. Thanks guys, a direct link to the past was absolutely awesome. Can finally put that one to rest. Even better was the additional info that came from the site on spindle etc. Had been concerned that things might be non standard. Thanks again, appreciate the help.

I sent an email to exactrep and asked if they made that wheel and he answered---

Yes, as it also says 'Exactrep' on the same side.

I sent an email to exactrep and asked if they made that wheel and he answered---

Yes, as it also says 'Exactrep' on the same side.

Thats interesting. I cant believe I missed seeing exactrep on the wheel. The hubs hidden by the disc so not easiest to see, but I have known about exactrep for a while so had I seen it I would have known, but genuinely havent seen exactrep on the wheel. Something for me to look at tomorrow.

Will report back when I have had a better look. Already happy with the info, now just intrigued to see if I missed it and then likely kick myself for being a muppet.

Sod waiting til tomorrow, wanted to see the bike with the genuine wheel on for a bit anyway (no tyre mismatch warnings needed, very aware what its like right now). Anyway, wheel off the bike, rotor off the wheel (really need to get cleaning it now before it goes back), the only text is on the hub itself and no sign of exactrep anywhere that I can see. I knew I hadnt seen their name on it. If its on there its bloody well hidden. Unless they avoided using exactrep and just used a phone number in which case its clear as day

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpg
    IMG_4936.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sod waiting til tomorrow, wanted to see the bike with the genuine wheel on for a bit anyway (no tyre mismatch warnings needed, very aware what its like right now). Anyway, wheel off the bike, rotor off the wheel (really need to get cleaning it now before it goes back), the only text is on the hub itself and no sign of exactrep anywhere that I can see. I knew I hadnt seen their name on it. If its on there its bloody well hidden. Unless they avoided using exactrep and just used a phone number in which case its clear as day
Here you go----
Telephone: (U.K.) (0044) 024 7644 2054 ---------------------- ---------------------------------- Email: [email protected] ----------------------------- --- Write: Exactrep, 57 Wyken Avenue, Wyken, Coventry, CV2 3BX, England --

Thats what i said guys. Phone number not company name. Didnt recognise the first digits as an area code at first. Only gave it any real credence after i went looking for the word 'exactrep'.

Still, all done and dusted. Now totally sure of the details.

Thanks to the guys who identified it though. Good information to have on hand.

Latest posts

Back